TKC BREAKING AND EXCLUSIVE NEWS!!! KANSAS CITY TRANSIT ACTIVIST CLAY CHASTAIN SEYZ HE'LL SUE OVER FACEBOOK LADY ATTACK DATE NIGHT ALLEGATIONS!!!
Because our blog community is committed to telling both sides of every interesting slapfight amongs Kansas City public figures . . .
For review, here are some allegations made against KC transit activist Clay Chastain about a date gone wrong.
And here's an e-mail from Clay Chastain sent to just about every newsie in Kansas City Proper.
You decide . . .
Press release: Clay Chastain set to sue woman over false accusation he attacked her in his home in 1994.
Prologue to lawsuit:
Almost everyone who has lived in Kansas City long is familiar with my petition efforts that have challenged those in power.
Fewer understand that many in Kansas City's media are motivated not to offend those in power (even please those in power), so as to maintain access to those in power including government officials, business leaders, etc.
So some local media outlets either scantily cover my petition efforts (supported by thousands of registered voters), distort or omits vital facts, or focus the public attention away from the issue with propaganda designed to personally ridicule me or constantly remind citizens I am not a full-time Kansas City resident. They do this because they know it will...please those in power.
Here are just a few examples over the years:
1. In 1997 the Star wrote a front page Sunday piece on my big mistake of writing notations on petitions about women and then calling them (only two) to try and get a date. The Star did this not because either of those two women had complained, but because they knew this kind of scandalous story would harm my activism efforts and... please those in power.
2. In 2006 the Pitch did a cover story on my 2006 light rail petition plan titled "Crazy train." On the cover was also a caricature of me looking like a loony. The Pitch did this to... please those in power.
3. In 2007 the city council overturned the stated will of 75,000 voters who supported my light rail petition plan because the council knew killing my light rail dream for Kansas City would... please those in power.
4. In 2011 Mayor James and the council blocked an election on my valid light rail petition (they falsely labeled it unconstitutional and illegal (like they are now doing to the convention hotel petition) so it would...please those in power, including James.
5. City Attorney Bill Geary is now straining against the law to arbitrarily brand every petition that is submitted to the city as "unconstitutional" and "illegal" because he knows it will give the council legal cover not to place the petition before voters and will....please those in power.
6. For the last 3-years Mayor James has ordered an armed security guard escort me through city hall (even when my 9-year old daughter was with me the last two times) so he can convince everyone to think, including the city council, I am dangerous because he knows this power move will only further alienate people against me and...please those in power.
7. Mike Shanin of Ruckus fame likes to smirk and have fun with me every time he or someone mentions my name on his show (notice he will never face me man to man on his show) because he knows it will...please those in power.
8. Steve Kraske of KCUR never has me on his show anymore to present my side of the transit petition issue because he knows this would not...please those in power.
9. Dave Helling reporter of the Star writes that my petition efforts have actually set back light rail development in Kansas City because he knows that kind of nonsense will...please those in power.
10. Star reporter Lynn Horsely recently did a piece on hotel petition backer Dan Coffey and brought up my name in her article to bait Mr. Coffey into making a disparaging comment about me, which he did and which she published (with no response from me), because she knew this would...please those in power.
11. Steve Paul, Editor of the Kansas City Star, has now twice refused an As I See It editorial submitted from me to the Star to counter both their editorial opinion and Steve Roses' guest editorial opinion against allowing an election on the convention hotel petition. He did this because publishing my piece in support of a vote on the convention hotel petition would not...please those in power.
Now, an individual citizen has also dumped her vile into this nasty tide designed to sweep away citizen Chastain and...please those in power.
On May 11, 2015 Anne Hodgdon (resident of Lenexa, Kansas and staunch supporter of those in power, namely the Sly James' Administration and his rich cronies) posted on her Facebook page (later posted on Tony's Kansas City blog, and one must assume other media sites as well) a false vicious accusation that I had attacked her in my home 20 years earlier. At the time I issued a statement saying her accusation was not true. Now I aim to prove that in court.
She said she was finally coming forward with her story because the "very unstable Clay Chastain legally messes with Kansas City's great Mayor Sly James." She was referring to the fact that I had legally challenged Mayor James' right to have his name placed on the last mayoral primary ballot (alongside mine and Vincent Lee) because he was delinquent on paying his city taxes at the time the clerk certified his name be placed before voters.
Here are the most serious lies in her post:
1. "In a split second, his good looks turned into rage, and he violently tore my blouse completely open at the buttons. I kneed him as hard as I could."
2. "He ran after me, enraged and screaming like a madman...I couldn't fathom I would be in danger."
3. "The creep followed me from gallery to gallery." And so on.
Here is another interesting excerpt from her false accusation: "It has been 20 years since I sat silently by and watched wacko Clay Chastain try to upend Kansas City. And now as Chastain tries, by legal technicality, to deprive Kansas City of its finest mayor to serve in the 43 years I have lived here, I'll share my personal Clay Chastain story."
And yes she did, lies and all, because she knew it would....please Sly, and those in power.
However, here is where this lady's false story will come unraveled in court...
She said, " I love public transit. So when he (Clay Chastain) invited me back to his house to see the plans he'd drawn, I bit. I drove to his midtown house and he did indeed show me his beautifully pencil-drawn plans, pages and pages of them."
The truth is that in 1994, the time she alleges I attacked her in my home, I was involved only with trying to save Union Station from demolition. I had no such public transit drawings of any kind and would not have any until 4 years later when I became interested in public transit and designed a light rail-based transit petition plan to put before voters in 1998!
If Anne Hodgdon wants to settle out of court and also post a statement on her Facebook page that her tale of me attacking her was all a lie, then I will forgo filing a defamation lawsuit against her for damages next week in the Johnson County, Kansas Circuit Court.
But do not expect Anne Hodgdon to come clean because it would not...please those in power.