Friday, June 07, 2019
KANSAS CITY STAR HATES 'BIG SLICK' CHARITY WEEKEND OVER LACK OF CELEB DIVERSITY: TKC READER REAX!!!
Today's top ranking editorial offering from The Kansas City Star is either a brilliant troll OR possibly the most myopic and willfully ignorant screed written this week.
Kansas City Star: Big Slick brings out stars for a good cause. Why does it feel like everybody’s white?
As usual, we believe this column misses the point and targets local celebs working for a good cause. There are many examples of inequity and social injustice but attacking people attempting to raise money for sick youngsters seems malicious and horribly narrow-minded.
Don't get it twisted, clowning celebrities is fun and always makes for a good read but there's a lot more entertaining and insightful reasons to roast these B-listers with local connections other than the fact that they're all white guys. Again, just a bit of consideration must be given to the fact that they're donating their time and money to help sick youngsters.
Even better than our insight, here's the worthwhile TKC reader reaction that takes the silly argument to it's logical conclusion:
TKC READER: IS KANSAS CITY STAR EDITORIAL BOARD RACIST OR JUST DUMB?
In what must be a top contender for "Worst Editorial From The White Liberal Racists of the KC Star Editorial Board" (yes that's a real category) comes this gem from Toriano Porter, who…..wait for it…….is the ONLY person of color on said board. Not only that, but Mr. Porter is the newest member of the board, and obviously serves as the sole token minority, shielding the editorial board from accusations of blatant overt racism. Please see definition of "enabling behavior."
Ignorant pandering liberals seek to closely examine each minute strata of societal layer and forcefully impose a quota system which reflects the representative percentage of each pigeonholed group. In Mr. Porter's "Wonderful World of Diversity and Inclusion" everywhere you go in society there would be exactly 72.4 percent Whites, 16.3 percent Latinos, 12.6 percent Blacks, 4.8 percent Asian, etc. Likewise, each and every venue would have a slight majority of females present, as they represent 50.8 percent of the American population.
The implication of just these factors (race/ethnicity, gender) alone, would of course, spell doom for the existing structure of such diverse things as professional sports teams, U.S. military staffing, Congress, every neighborhood in America, every place of worship, and the population of every city and state in the country.
If you thought the Green New Deal plan didn't go far enough, welcome to the complete chaos of Toriano Porter, where:
- 72.4 percent of the NBA players are White, and 50.8 percent are women.
- KCMO's 28.71 percent of residents who are Black, must be downsized to reflect only 12.6 percent of the city's population.
- Latinos hold more representation on the KCMO Council than Blacks.
- The Negro Leagues Baseball Museum will be shuttered as a racist relic of bygone times.
- Toriano Porter backyard barbecues must include 4.8 percent Asian, and 72.4 percent White guests.
- Black Americans will be a permanent minority (12.6 percent maximum) in all things, including jazz/blues/rap music, educational/athletic scholarships, barbecue/soul food, traditionally Black college enrollment, sports/entertainment, Congressional caucuses, media/journalism, etc.
You decide . . .