Tuesday, September 26, 2017
TKC BREAKING AND EXCLUSIVE NEWS!!! INTERCEPTED!!! KANSAS CITY SINGLE-TERMINAL CORPORATE CAMPAIGN: WHY A NEW AIRPORT MATTERS TO CERNER!!!
Thanks to AWESOME TKC TIPSTERS we've intercepted an important note from a top ranking local executive.
To wit . . .
CHECK THIS KANSAS CITY CAMPAIGN MEMO FROM TOP RANKING CERNER EXEC CLIFF TOUTING THE VIRTUES OF THE NEW SINGLE-TERMINAL AIRPORT THAT WILL BENEFIT HIS COMPANY!!!
Of course the corporate dude has the right to advocate for his interests but KCMO VOTERS SHOULDN'T BE EXPECTED TO PAY TO IMPROVE CERNER'S BOTTOM LINE.
Take a look at the memo and then consider the special interest politics and cowtown corporate oligarchy which CONTINUES to make the new airport proposal a questionable option for Kansas City voters.
Here's the text of the note transcribed to the best of our ability . . .
Why a new airport matters to Cerner
Fellow associates . . .
Earlier this week you received a message about a topic that is vitally important to both Cerner and the kansas City region’s continued growth . . . the construction of a new single terminal airport experience.
Our hundreds of associates who travel on a weekly basis are familiar with why we need a vastly better airport experience, and a new ‘front door’ to our region. Below are a few of the most compelling reasons:
- Cerner associates take more than 2,900 flights in and out of KCI every week, making Cerner on of the largest business users of the airport.
- Beyond the lack of amenities and dated experience that our frequent flyers experience every day, there are also structural limitation in the way the current airport is designed that prevent the airlines from expanding their service routes. For Cerner, this means our ability to get our associates out to client sites will continue to be limited by the current airport design. As Cerner continues to grow, this challenge will only get bigger.
- The current airport as built in the 1970s for a travel experience that is vastly different today. Post 9/11 security regulations forced the airport to improvise physical change that limit access to comfortable amenities once travelers are past their security checkpoints.
- The Kansas City Region’s ‘front door’ experience is sorely lacking for our clients, guests and potential associates who are coming into kansas City. For many, the airport terminal is the first impression they have of our our hometown.
- We pride ourselves in creating outstanding experience for our many Cerner guests, and that experience starts the moment they’re ‘wheels down’ in Kansas City. The current KCI experience doesn’t reflect the innovation, energy and culture that makes Kansas City such a great place to live, work and play.
- Most of Kansas City’s corporate and business community respect Cerner as a great example of the potential that our region holds to create new entrepreneurial enterprises that can grow our technology, science, manufacturing and service industries for the future. They are looking to Cerner for leadership on this key driver of the region’s future economic development and growth. We believe that the best way to lead is for the company and our associates to weigh in heavily in support of the new single terminal airport.
KCMO residents will have the opportunity to vote on this historic initiative on Tuesday, November 7. I encourage all of our associates to educate themselves about the ballot measure, and to vote for what you believe is in the best interests of Kansas City. Cerner will do its part to make it easy for you to get to the polls and cast your vote on November 7.
Thank you for your consideration of this very important issue. Please get back to your group executives or me with your questions or comments.
. . . cliff.
Clifford W. Illig Co-Founder, Chairman and Interim CEO Cerner corporation.
Developing . . .