Shawnee Teachers Suffer Tragedy After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

As the weather turns colder . . . Here's another reminder that carbon monoxide detectors & furnace checks are cheap and effective at helping to prevent this kind of disaster . . .

On Friday, neither showed up for work. Police did a welfare check, and the fire department found the home was filled with dangerous levels of carbon monoxide.

Kenna died, and Katie was rushed to a hospital. Both of their dogs and one of their cats also died.

Katie suffered catastrophic damage to her heart, and right now all they know is that she's in a battle for her life.

Read more via link . . .

Shawnee Mission teacher dies from carbon monoxide poisoning in home

A Shawnee Mission North teacher is dead and her wife is hospitalized, fighting for her life after dangerous exposure to carbon monoxide in their home.