Kansas City Police Kidnapping Rescue Standoff Resolution Sunday

There's never and Sunday rest for Kansas City police.

Accordingly . . .

Here is the latest report from a tense situation on the East Side as authorities confront crisis and family turmoil . . . Check the deets so far:

Operation 100- 2600 block E 30th St. 

This afternoon around 1:50pm officers were dispatched to the 2600 block of E 30th on a reported disturbance.

When officers arrived, they were contacted by the mother of an adult female victim stating her daughter had been kidnapped and taken to a nearby apartment. She stated she was kidnapped in a neighboring city by a known associate, who is an adult male, and brought to the dispatched location. She informed officers that the victim notified her of the incident via text message.

Officers responded to the described apartment, and attempted to make contact with the male subject for further investigation. After numerous attempts to get the male to come out peacefully were unsuccessful, officers deescalated and surrounded the apartment to prevent escape and protect surrounding residents.

Officers called for an Operation 100/Police Standoff to bring additional resources, and trained negotiators to the scene in an effort to bring a peaceful resolution to the situation.

Negotiators efforts have been unsuccessful thus far to get the subject to come out of the apartment. However, negotiators will continue to work on bringing a peaceful end to the situation for all persons involved.


Just before 5:45PM the victim and suspect exited an apartment where officers took the male subject into custody without incident. The victim was also safely located and will be reunited with her family.

The investigation into the kidnapping is ongoing at this time.

Check TKC news gathering . . .

Kansas City police take man into custody after multi-hour standoff related to possible kidnapping

Officers were able to safely defuse the situation near 30th and Prospect Ave. early Sunday evening

KCPD investigating kidnapping after standoff ends with suspect

Officers were in a standoff with a suspect near the 2600 block of E. 30th Street.

Developing . . .