Kansas City, Kansas Traffic Stop Sparks Deadly Police Shooting In The Dotte

Preliminary report on police action tonight . . . Here is the first word . . . 

KCK Officer Involved Shooting in the 1100 block of Metropolitan

Just before 8:30pm an officer was conducting a traffic stop in the 1100 block of Metropolitan.  During the traffic stop, a confrontation ensued and shots were fired by the officer.

The subject in the vehicle and the officer were both transported to the hospital.  The subject, an adult male, was pronounced deceased at the hospital.  The officers injuries were minor and non life threatening.

KCPD homicide detectives and crime scene personnel have responded to the scene.  They will be processing the scene and speaking to witnesses.

Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at 816-234-5043.  Or you can remain anonymous by calling the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS.

Once the investigation is complete, detectives will submit the case file to the Wyandotte County Kansas District Attorney’s Office.

Read more via www.TonysKansasCity.com links . . .

Police shoot, kill man in KCK's Argentine neighborhood Wednesday night

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Police in Kansas City, Kansas, shot and killed a man in the city's Argentine neighborhood Wednesday night. The shooting unfolded in the 1100 block of Metropolitan Avenue just before 8:30 p.m. According to KCPD spokeswoman Donna Drake, an officer attempted a traffic violation stop in the area.

KCK officer hurt, individual dead following confrontation that ended in shooting

A Kansas City, Kan., police officer shot and killed a man during a confrontation on Wednesday night. The confrontation happened after KCK police tried to conduct a traffic stop at 12th and Metropolitan at around 8:30 p.m. The confrontation ended in gunfire from the KCK officer.

Investigation underway after man shot, killed by officer in Kansas City, Kansas

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - One person is dead and a Kansas City, Kansas officer is injured following an altercation during a traffic stop Wednesday night. The incident was reported just before 8:30 p.m. near S. 12th Street and Metropolitan Avenue.

Developing . . .