Right now we take a quick peek at new cowtown plague rules as cold & flu season approaches.
Check-it . . .
Where are we with Covid-19 right now in Kansas City, MO?
• We fall into the CDC’s Medium risk level based on the number of people with new infections and the fact that hospitalizations have fallen in our area. Check weekly risk levels at kcmo.gov/covid.
• At this level, it is recommended that people who have weakened immune systems (or live with people who do) wear a high-quality mask while in public indoor spaces
So I heard that the CDC recently changed their Covid-19 recommendations. What is new?
• Close contacts (defined as people who have been within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes) no longer need to quarantine. They should still be watchful and stay at home if they begin to develop any Covid-19 symptoms.
• There is no longer the recommendation to stay at least 6 feet away from others
• Close contacts should test after five days and wear a high-quality mask for 10 days
Why are we getting new recommendations now?
• We have better tools against Covid-19 than we had when the original recommendations were developed
• An estimated 95% of Americans 16 and older have acquired some level of immunity against severe disease, either from being vaccinated or infected
Read more via www.TonysKansasCity.com link . . .
Developing . . .