Show-Me SRO Debate Amid Mass Shooting Fear: Security Vs. Costs

In an ongoing effort to protect youngsters as American violence spikes . . . A workable but pricey plan has been put forward in Missouri.

Here are the basics . . .

"We would provide 70% of the funding for school resource officers and or any kind of school safety measures and leave the school district to cover the rest of it, which would be the 30%," Rep. Mark Sharp said Friday.

Read more via link . . .

Missouri lawmaker to introduce bill to have SRO in 'every public school building'

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Democratic State Rep. Mark Sharp said he plans on introducing a bill next legislative session that would hopefully make it easier for school districts to have a school resource officer (SRO) in "every public school building."