Here's a Friday Kansas City political fun fact that was overlooked in recent reporting . . .
MOST OF THE VOTER SIGNATURES TO RECALL COUNCILMAN ERIC BUNCH HAVE BEEN GARNERED IN JACKSON COUNTY!!!
To a certain degree, this contradicts claims from supporters of Mr. Bunch that the effort is a Northland conspiracy.
There's no doubt that leaders from the nice side of the bridge are leading the charge but it's INTERESTING to see that their arguments are resonating in the urban core.
We've heard there's a a great deal of support for the recall from Northeast neighborhoods which don't share a great deal in common with the progressive councilman and have clashed with his "neighborhood planning efforts" throughout his term i.e. most low-income urban core voters aren't convinced that bike lanes will solve all of their problems.
According to their latest press release obtained by www.TonysKansasCity.com: "Take Back KC" organizers report:
60% of recall signatures come from Jackson County voters with the remaining 40% collected in the small part of Clay County that resides within Kansas City, Missouri 4th District boundaries.
Right now the KC Election Board is still counting the signatures in order to assure that at least 2,427 are valid.
More importantly . . .
This push back from pro-police supporters is one of the first Midwestern efforts to remove an elected official because of alleged efforts to "defund" police.
Developing . . .