Kansas City 2021 Homicide #88: Deadly Shooting At 40th & Wabash

Here's report on overnight gunfire and the latest addition to the KCMO murder count . . .

Homicide 40th and Wabash

Saturday night just before 10pm officers were called to 40th and Wabash on a sound of shots call.  While the officers were on the way the call was upgraded to a shooting call.

When they arrived, officers found an adult male shooting victim unresponsive at the southeast corner of 40th and Wabash. EMS responded and transported the victim to the hospital for treatment.
A short time later the victim died at the hospital.

Detectives are talking with people that were at the scene when officers arrived. There is no information on suspect(s) at this time.

Preliminary information is that a disturbance/argument led to shots being fired and the victim being struck.

Crime scene investigators and detectives are processing the scene for evidence and canvassing for witnesses.

If anyone has any information they are asked to call the Homicide Unit directly at 234-5043 or the TIPS Hotline anonymously at 474-TIPS.  There is a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to an arrest. 


More local news links via www.TonysKansasCity.com . . .

One man shot and killed in Kansas City

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Kansas City, Missouri police are investigating a homicide. Officers were called to 40th and Wabash just before 10 p.m. Saturday night on the sound of a shots fired call. When they arrived, they found a man unresponsive. The man was taken to a local hospital for treatment where he later died.

KCPD working overnight shooting at 40th and Wabash

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -- One person is dead after a shooting overnight in the 40th and Wabash area. Around 10 p.m. Saturday, officers were called to the scene on a sound of shots call. While officers were in route, the call was upgraded to a shooting.

Man killed in shooting near 40th and Wabash

One person is dead after a late-night shooting in Kansas City, Missouri. Kansas City police were called to 40th Street and Wabash Avenue to investigate a call of shots fired.When they arrived, police found one man with apparent gunshot wounds. He was rushed to an area hospital where he died a short time later.

Developing . . .