JOHNSON COUNTY DROPS COVID MASK MANDATE!!! BIZ CAN STILL REQUIRE MASKS!!! DEBATE OVER PUBLIC HEALTH COMING SOON TO STORE NEAR YOU!!!
Public health officials in the largest county in Kansas abandon a controversial public health precaution and shift the burden of pandemic precautions to small biz.
Reality check . . .
EXPECT ARGUMENTS AMONG STRANGERS AND FEISTY CUSTOMERS OVER COVID DECORUM AND DRESS CODES!!!
One of the smartest people we know offered this rule of etiquette . . .
If workers are required to wear masks at a biz, then it's polite to do the same.
However, after more than a decade of running this dump of a blog, we know that relying on politeness from people is always a mistake.
Here's a look at the decision . . .
Commissioners voted 5 to 1 to transform the public health order into a series of strong recommendations, beginning Saturday.
HOWEVER . . .
Here's public health advice . . .
New "strong" recommendations include:
- Continuing to wear masks or face coverings within indoor public spaces.
- Business operators should strongly encourage or require their customers, employees and visitors to wear masks indoors.
- People, businesses and organizations will be strongly encouraged to require customers, visitors and workers to maintain six feet of separation from people they don't know.
- A strong recommendation for business operators to adopt additional mitigation measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
- A strong recommendation for businesses, organizations and individuals to follow current guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, state and local public health authorities.
Meanwhile . . .
KCMO mask orders continue as rules throughout the metro become more confusing.
Links . . .
Developing . . .