The pandemic sparked a dramatic decline in ridership over the last year but toy train cheerleaders seem optimistic regarding future of this development/transit effort that will be powered by federal cash and a gerrymandered mail-in voting scheme.
Read more . . .
THE KC STREETCAR ADJUSTS HOURS OF OPERATION
(Kansas City, Missouri) – Starting March 19, 2021, the KC Streetcar will extend weekend hours to 11:00pm to better accommodate the needs of downtown Kansas City.
The new KC Streetcar hours of operation are:
- Monday – Thursday: 6:00am – 9:00pm
- Friday: 6:00am – 11:00pm
- Saturday: 7:00am – 11:00pm
- Sunday: 7:00am – 9:00pm
The extension of hours is in direct response to the activity levels downtown, improving weather, the decrease in Covid-19 positive case numbers, and the increased access to the Covid-19 vaccine. Any changes in service and operations will be communicated electronically through the KC Streetcar website (www.kcstreetcar.org/clean), social media channels and the RideKC Notify text alert system (text ‘streetcar’ to 816.685.8541).
“This initial service increase is an important first step as we respond to a recent growth in ridership demand and we will continue to work together with our downtown partners to support the reemergence of resident, business, and visitor activity downtown,” said Tom Gerend, Executive Director, KC Streetcar Authority.
In March 2020, the KC Streetcar adjusted hours of operation in response to the Covid-19 pandemic but continued to operate seven days a week providing important access for downtown residents, workers, and visitors.
While the weekend hours are extended, the KC Streetcar’s Covid-19 mitigation efforts are still in effect. Those efforts include:
- Mid-day cleaning and end-of-day cleaning of all streetcars on a daily basis.
- Requirement of face masks when riding the streetcar and at streetcar stops. If a passenger does not have a face mask, we will provide one for free at our Union Station stop.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers on board all streetcars.
- Social distancing encouraged when riding the streetcar.
- Automatically opening all streetcar doors for riders.
- Equipping operators with gloves, hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes and Lysol, which is sprayed onboard every time a streetcar arrives at the Union Station streetcar stop.
Developing . . .