Basically, Mayor Q's big announcement today was that he is giving bars & restaurants another hour to try and scrape out a living.
More to the point . . .
THE KANSAS CITY ECONOMY CRUMBLES AS THE COVID CRACKDOWN CONTINUES IN HOPES OF STOPPING THE PANDEMIC!!!
Accordingly, here's a roundup of the latest pandemic decree that has basically become the new normal in this cowtown as biz losses & closings continue to pile-up . . .
Kansas City’s state of emergency has been extended to May 1. Lucas’s 12th amended order takes effect Wednesday at 10 p.m. and will expire with the state of emergency until stated otherwise.
- The new guidelines are the following; restaurants, taverns, and venues will now be able to extend their closing hours by two hours to midnight while keeping strict social distancing requirements. However, buildings will not be allowed to fill more than 50 percent of the building’s occupancy.
- Indoor and outdoor businesses must always be seated and masked except while eating and drinking. Indoor and outdoor parties are limited to no more than 10 people while continuing to practice social distancing.
- Restaurants, Taverns, and bars must report all known COVID-19 cases to the Kansas City Health Department.
- Masks will need to be worn in all indoor settings and outdoor settings when social distancing can not be practiced.
- Gyms, fitness, and recreation centers must always wear masks while business do not exceed 50 percent capacity.
News link round-up . . .
Developing . . .