We're using this list as more of a starting point for discussion than those pay for play awards that used to fund low-rent local magazines.
A few trends we considered the worst of Kansas City:
- Amateur Internets Epidemiologists - It was interesting to learn how many social media denizens held advance degrees virology. Sadly, just like many of the experts on cable TV, they were wrong every step of the way.
- Anybody who said there was going to be a civil war - This line from pundits emerged from "many sides" and it forgot that MOST PEOPLE DON'T VOTE and they don't care which game show host is President.
- Protesters/Rioters - Sorry. From no mask advocacy to social justice "mostly peaceful" looting. Protest in 2020 wasn't a powerful demonstration of 1st Amendment rights . . . It was mostly just staged political hot garbage.
- Mayor Quinton Lucas - He betrayed promises to his own community, he was wrong every step of the way on the pandemic. He encouraged division among council to benefit his career. The mayor's attempts to walk the line betwixt police and protesters insulted EVERYONE.
And, worst of all, his smallish team of Twitter trolls are the main driver behind the myth that he could beat anybody but former Council Lady Jolie Justice in an election.
- TKC Blog Comment Bums - Don't get it twisted, there are some comments that are insightful, funny and snarky but there's a growing number of d-bags who have a false sense of ownership over the comments. This year some of our most popular posts had comments turned off and a great many bums might not realize that this function of the Internets is quickly fading with bipartisan support. Right now this is a free speech zone. You're free to leave whatever comment you'd like and we're free to delete what we don't need . . . The reality is that this blog is now leaning toward highlighting better comments that help readers understand the local discourse.
To be fair, this blog also hates change . . . So don't expect anything dramatic any time soon.
Accordingly . . .
FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR WORST OF KANSAS CITY SUGGESTIONS!!!
Be creative, don't feel confined to this cowtown . . . We're actually eager to read some of the commets.