Local faith leaders double down on "defund" rhetoric despite discouragement by former Prez Obama.
Check their demands . . .
- The resignation or termination of Chief Smith
- The creation of a citizens review board
- The demilitarization of the police department
- The institution of local control
- Reduction of police contact with the public
- Having agencies other than police respond to domestic violence, drug related crimes, homelessness, mental and physical health emergencies and minor traffic offenses.
-“Substantially reduced” funding to the department.
Thankfully, the rest of this garbage that not even Rev. Al Sharpton buys is hidden behind the paywall . . .
A Kansas City Episcopal church has joined several local civil rights organizations calling for the termination of Kansas City Police Chief Rick Smith and for "fundamental change" in the police department. In statements, sent to the city council, Mayor Quinton Lucas, the police department and the Board of Police Commissioners, St.