This one is just for the diehard TKC readers and Kansas City insomniacs.
Over the years we've seen all kinds of Christmas posts and none of them really fit here . . .
- There's the far too preachy retelling of the Christmas story.
- The worthwhile solider tribute that tragically reminds us American crusades overseas are NEVER going to end.
- The local history Christmas note attempts to connect with the past but forgets how much this town has really changed.
- Any Christmas story involving a family pet is a scary indication of early onset dementia.
- And really, even the bittersweet 'working for Christmas' stories are a bit overdone because they typically involve a cool occupation and not cleaning toilets or making hamburgers for fellow broke-ass plebs.
And so . . .
Tonight, inspired the Christmas past international and unattainable hotness of Lucy we wonder . . .
WHAT ARE KANSAS CITY CHRISTMAS WISHES FOR 2021?!?!
A lower murder rate isn't just a wish but something that every resident should work to help attain.
A repeat Super Bowl victory would be nice . . . But that might also be a bit greedy.
And of course, EVERYONE wants to see the end of COVID and a return to normal.
Feel free to share late night holiday season wishes in hopes that just a bit of Christmas magic will help them come true.
And so we finish with a traditional tune about Christmas wishes that probably/hopefully isn't yet another tribute to SUPREMACY.
We'll probably have a few more items to share for the morning . . . STAY TUNED!!!