Right now hottie Dua Lipa inspires this peek at pop culture, community news and top headlines for our morning readers . . .
Kansas City Artsy Real Estate Double Down Despite COVID
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - City Club Apartments, the first mixed-use complex in the Crossroads District, will soon open. The complex will feature nearly 300 apartments, duplexes, townhouses and penthouses and underground parking. In addition to housing a pool and outdoor theater, the second floor of the building features a "Sky Club" with a gourmet kitchen and lounge seating.
Newspaper Sells Local Economy Hype Amid Pandemic
When COVID-19 hit the Kansas City area in March, Brad and Dawn Easley feared for their future. Brad Easley, an electrician for 25 years, had just quit his job the previous August to open his own dream business, Rough & Rigid in Basehor.
Golden Ghetto Earns More Voting Options
The Johnson County Election Office said Monday it will open three additional advance voting locations for the November general election. The additions will bring the total number of locations in the county to 10. The three new locations are in these facilities:Oak Park Mall in the former American Girl store.
Diva Shares Backstory
2020 has been a busy year for Dua Lipa. At the beginning of lockdown, she released her second studio album Future Nostalgia, brimming with feel-good tracks including "Don't Start Now" and "Physical". Miss Vogue talks to the star about her latest "Levitating" TikTok music video, experimental lockdown hair styles and her shimmering Versace dress.
Odds Favor Veep?!?!
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has a seemingly prohibitive chance of winning the presidency after gaining a majority of electoral college votes, according to the latest election forecast from The Economist. Biden is given a 91 percent chance of winning the electoral college in the forecast as of Monday, while President Donald Trump is given a 9 percent chance.
AOC Talks JC
AOC: It's A 'Fact' That 'Many' GOP Lawmakers Would Attack Jesus If He Came To Congress. Nearly All GOP Lawmakers Are Christians. | The Daily Wire
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) claimed without evidence on Monday that "many" Republican members of Congress would attack Jesus if he came to Congress despite the fact that over 99 percent of Republican members of Congress identify as Christian. "Sick and tired of Republicans who co-opt faith as an excuse to advance bigotry and barbarism," the far-left congresswoman claimed on Twitter.
By James Gallagher Health and science correspondent A man in the United States has caught Covid twice, with the second infection becoming far more dangerous than the first, doctors report. The 25-year-old needed hospital treatment after his lungs could not get enough oxygen into his body. Reinfections remain rare and he has now recovered.
Sen. Ted Fact Check
Ted Cruz embarrasses Senate Democrats, points out they aren't even talking about Amy Coney Barrett during her confirmation hearing
'Of every Democrat who's spoken, we've heard virtually not a single word about Judge Barrett'
Kanye Saves USA?!?!
Kanye West appears to have one final trick up his sleeve in the last-minute blitz of his presidential campaign ... let go, and let God. Ye just filed legal docs to lock up the rights to "God Save America" -- which he wants to slap on shirts, sweaters and hoodies in what seems to be a final-ditch effort to push his message that was front-and-center in his 1st campaign ad ...
KC Earns Eat Out Prize
by: Travis Meier Posted: / Updated: KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Two metro restaurants have taken a bite out of the burger competition, landing in the top 101 for best burgers in the U.S. The list, compiled by The Daily Meal , focused on smaller businesses that are loved by the local communities they serve.
Share KCMO Resources To Stop Domestic Drama
The pandemic has isolated a lot of people. Reports from emergency rooms show it's led to an increase in domestic violence and a dramatic increase in strangulation cases. One domestic violence survivor said help from Safehome gave her her life back.Amy Miller is a yoga instructor who believes in empowering women.
Autumn Breeze & Leaves
Warming up into Wednesday with highs in the 70s and 80s The wind picks up Wednesday as a cold front passes through Even colder temperatures settle in for the end of the week with areas of patchy frost possible Friday morning KANSAS CITY'S MOST ACCURATE FORECAST Tuesday: Sunny, warmer and breezy.
Dua Lipa - Levitating Featuring DaBaby is the song of the day and this is the OPEN THREAD for right now.