Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Deadly Double Murder Postscript: Activist Clay Chastain Warns Against 'Cancer Of Violence' Killing Kansas City Urban Core
MSM estimates Kansas City's 58th and 59th homicides of 2020 this morning after a deadly double shooting.
Police said the gunfire occured near a very busy Independence Avenue, and they believe, with heavy foot and vehicle traffic on the street, that someone may have valuable witness information to help.
Accordingly, here's the word from KC's most prolific petitioner on the topic of continued local homicide . . .
Clay Chastain: Kansas City is dying of cancer - eastside homicides
There is no treatment center for our City that is dying of cancer. No drugs to take. No operations to be had. No sports team to save it. And no glitzy projects to distract from it. Our City knows it has cancer because part of its body is dying (eastside homicides); because it is losing energy (no one votes anymore); because it is losing weight (families have moved out); and because living in Kansas City doesn't feel good anymore (no one feels safe).
Our City will never enjoy good health again, until we eradicate this cancer by stopping the killing. And, there is a cure . . .
But instead of self-treating the cancer City leaders have ignored it. As a consequence, the cancer has spread while City leaders have been solely preoccupied getting downtown a face lift and having its nails done....streetcars, convention hotel, entertainment districts, luxury condos, etc. No City leader including...Cleaver, Barnes, Funkhouser, James, Lucas...has sought to develop a treatment plan to arrest this cancer that is killing our citizens, terrorizing the eastside and demoralizing our City. City Hall does not know what to do. Republican Congressional Candidate Clay Chastain has a treatment plan for the City to enter into:
1. Place a moratorium on all taxpayer-assisted projects and focus 100% on developing a master plan to bring economic revitalization to the eastside.
2. Call on all KC corporations to invest in job creation and vocational training programs inside the eastside.
3. Call on all KC... churches, non-profits, volunteer organizations and civic groups to forge a ground game to go into the eastside and help its citizens.
4. Cancel the streetcar expansion and focus building a modern citywide transit system ("Green" petition) to connect the eastside to the rest of the City.
5. Enlist inmates to clean the eastside of all litter, trash and graffiti and, keep it clean.
Developing . . .