Friday, March 13, 2020
Kansas City Municipal Court Adapts To Coronavirus State Of Emergency Declaration
A note from City Hall and a glimpse at how the pandemic has started to impact the local justice system . . .
Municipal Court adjusts court dates for pending cases after COVID-19 State of Emergency
Municipal Court judges voted at an emergency meeting on Thursday to modify court operations in the interest of public health and after Mayor Quinton Lucas declared a State of Emergency, allowing the City to take measures to reduce the possibility of exposure to COVID-19.
In support of the City’s efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by limiting social contact, the Kansas City, Missouri Municipal Court is taking the following actions:
- Court hearings starting March 16 through April 10 for defendants not in custody will be continued to a later date except for Domestic Violence Court, Drug Court, Mental Health Court and Veterans Treatment Court cases which will be held as scheduled.
- New court dates for continued cases will be mailed to defendants at the address on file. If you have a pending case, you must keep your address updated with the court. To update your address, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816-513-2700.
- All walk-in dockets from March 16 through April 10 are cancelled.
- Probationers can contact their probation officers for possible alternatives to in-person reporting. You may contact your probation officer directly or by email at email@example.com or call 816-513-2700.
- Victims and City witnesses should contact the City Prosecutor’s Office for information. You may contact the City Prosecutor’s office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 816-513-6750.
- Municipal Court will remain open for business.
- Payments are encouraged to be made online at www.kcmo.gov/court or by mail at P.O Box 219381, Kansas City, MO 64121-9381.
Find court information and pay fines in full online at www.kcmo.gov/court. For more information, contact the 311 Action Center or email email@example.com.
Developing . . .