Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Kansas City Midweek News Collection



With tribute, love and respect to hottie Claudia, we share this gathering of content related to pop culture, community news and all manner of captivating items from across the nation and around the world . . .


KCMO Rolling Out Spy Cam

Fewer crashes, safer driving habits fuel KCMO's drive cam expansion

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Nearly every car the city of Kansas City, Missouri, owns now has a camera watching both the road and the driver. This year, the city continued expanding its drive cam program so that cameras are installed on nearly 1,500 city-owned vehicles.


Hard Times In Northeast

Homeless mother's trials, tribulations, and new home

Kalie Strain Editorial Assistant The names in this story have been changed to protect the individual's identity. "I [would] sit there and just look at my children. Watch them breathe for hours and hours and hours, which feels like days and days and days," said Jane, recalling what it was like living in a van with her children.


Golden Ghetto Search Today

Prairie Village police search 2 places in connection with missing, endangered woman Angela Green

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Prairie Village police announced Wednesday morning that they were searching a home and a business in connection with missing woman Angela Green, who has not been seen since June. A home in the 7600 block of Tomahawk Road in Prairie Village and a granite business in the 1400 block of Woodland Street in Olathe were searched.


More Deets On Kansas City Country Club Plaza Burger Bust

Winstead's Steakburgers files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - One of Kansas City's iconic burger joints has filed for bankruptcy. Winstead's Company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in federal court in February. According to the court filing, the company has less than $50,000 in estimated assets and estimated liabilities of between $500,000 and $1 million.


Hottie Promo Shared

Claudia Romani - Visits the Pretty Little Thing Showroom in Miami

Latest photos for Claudia Romani - Visits the Pretty Little Thing Showroom in Miami


Trump Bull Run Concluded

Trump's stock market gains have been cut in half by the coronavirus sell-off

Since the stock market's high on February 19, the S&P 500 has fallen by more than 600 points, erasing half of the gains it had made since Trump was elected in 2016.


Bernie Won't Back Down

Bernie Sanders expected to announce he is staying in 2020 race, source says

Sen. Bernie Sanders on Wednesday is expected to announce he is staying in the race and is looking forward to an upcoming debate with Joe Biden, a source with knowledge of his plans told CNN.


America Still At War

2 Americans Among 3 People Killed In Latest Rocket Attack In Iraq

The U.S. military confirmed a sustained rocket attack on Wednesday on a base near Baghdad where American personnel are housed. The attack killed two Americans, according to a U.S. military official, as well as one member of Britain's armed forces, multiple news outlets have reported. Army Col.


Mexican Standoff Victory

US supreme court upholds policy of making asylum seekers wait in Mexico

The US supreme court has allowed the Trump administration to continue enforcing a policy that makes asylum seekers wait in Mexico for US court hearings, despite lower court rulings that the policy is probably illegal.


Artsy Exhibit For NextGen

Glass installations from Crossroads artist going on display at Truman Medical Center

Artist Tyler Kimball's name will be associated with glass installations at Truman Medical Centers' new University Health II building. But, the owner of Monarch Glass Studio insists, "Glass blowing is a team sport." His Crossroads Arts District studio at 1919 E. Truman Road is producing the glasswork, and Kimball explained the process he and his team [...]


Community Journalism Future

Northeast Newscast Episode 131: Women in the Newsroom with the Northeast News Staff

In honor of Women’s History Month, we are celebrating women’s voices in our community with a four-episode series during the month of March


Rainy Day On The Way

Rain chances increase for your Thursday

Hide Transcript Show Transcript A BLUSTERY EVENING. YOUR FIRST ALERT HOUR-BY-HOUR FORECAST HAS A 20% CHANCE IN THE MORNING, 40% CHANCE BY 9:00, 60% CHANCE BY MIDDAY, THEN IT WAS MOVES OUT BY THE AFTERNOON. RIGHT NOW THE EVENING DRIVE LOOKS A LITTLE DRIER THE MOVIE HAVE IN THE MORNING HOURS.


And this is the OPEN THREAD for right now . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bewbs news for tkc. thank you for soldering on.

Anonymous said...

Taking the Dow Jones Industrial average as a rough indicator of the Economy...
Obama took Office with the DJI at 7,949 and left office with it at 19,732, an increase over 8 years of 248%, averaging 31% a year.

Trump took Office with the DJI at 19,827 - to equal Obama's performance Trump would need an increase of 93% (31% times 3 years), or a DJI of 38,266, but the highest it’s ever been during his term in Office was 29,569!

So far, in the "Greatest Economy Ever", Trump has been averaging 16% DJI growth at best, only slightly more than HALF of Obama's 31%!

After this plunge, Trump's DJI is only 19% higher than when he took Office, cutting his average to just over 6% a year, or less than one fifth of Obama's achievement!

Looks like we're all headed into Trump's Seventh Bankruptcy!

Anonymous said...

^^You're an idiot. Why didn't you compare the numbers when stock market was at highest level ever? Just because you don't like Trump is no reason to make an ass of yourself, but libs just can't help it. Good luck with Dr. Dementia Obiden.