Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Kansas Fights Big Pharma

The opioid crisis devastates big cities and rural areas alike . . . Here's a glimpse at legal push back from local municipalities in the traditionally Conservative state that has struggled just as hard with addiction as anyone else . . . Take a look:

Here Are the Nearly 30 Kansas Counties And Cities Taking On The Opioid Industry

TOPEKA, Kansas - More than two dozen cities and counties across Kansas have sued the opioid industry, from a small town with a population of 150 near the Colorado border to the state's most populous county at its opposite end. More may still file suits, legal experts say.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a money tit everybody wants a suck from. The opiod crisis is an umbrella term that includes more illegal drugs than doctor prescribed. Apparently once you are prescribed these drugs you are hopelessly on the way to abuse and illegal use.

Dependency of some type may occur in about 25% that are so inclined. High yes but that however leaves 75% that can use responsibly as intended. Unfortunately for those in need for the purpose of maintaining and or improving quality of life, they have to be treated according to the lowest common denominator.

Most people cannot conceive the misery of chronic pain until you experience it personally. This opiod crisis (predisposition addictive personality crisis) is a nightmare for those truly in need. No one escapes the harm this crisis has brought.
Dalton

Anonymous said...

^^^ Very true.

Anonymous said...

I have taken 12-15 Vicodin everyday for years and am not addicted yet. This opioid crisis is fake news.

Byron Funkhouser said...

And yet, many drugs that people actually need are unavailable, because Big Pharma only cares about money.

Kim Jong Un said...

Only supports the case for natural medicine such as Cannabis. Oh no the side effect makes you feel "good"

Anonymous said...

Follow the money, a cheap effective solution doesn't generate profit, especially one you can get on your own. Oh and the feel good part, that's not permitted.

Anonymous said...

Bryon in what sense do mean unavailable, do you mean because they have yet to be researched because of low profitability? OR Because of an existing drug having too small of a customer base with low profitability?