Saturday, October 05, 2019
SECSTATE POMPEO: DAMAGED BY PREZ TRUMP IMPEACHMENT CRISIS OR STILL CONSERVATIVE KANSAS HERO?!?!
The fight over Prez Trump impeachment continues and there are increasing local implications . . .
TKC EXCLUSIVE: KANSAS CITY NEWSIES PRESSURED BY BELTWAY INSIDERS TO SPIN SECSTATE POMPEO STORIES!!!
Fact: Local news is followed every bit as closely by voters in two of the biggest Kansas population centers and D.C. insiders know that the coverage trickled down to local stations will influence perceptions of SecState who WILL be a key figure in helping the GOP hold on to the Senate in 2020.
A few things to consider . . .
- The effort to ensnare SecState Pompeo in Ukraine questions might be more important for Democratic strategists than even the controversy surrounding the Prez.
- Meanwhile, Right-Wing leaders know that in some Kansas & Heartland circles, the SecState actually has a stronger rep than the Prez and will help their cause.
- Let's stop pretending he isn't running for Senate.
- Identity politics works both ways . . . GOP pollsters know that Pompeo for Senate has the potential to lure away male Democratic leaning men who might not go for the GIRL POWER slate ahead in 2020.
- Meanwhile, Alt-Right movers & shakers realize all of this actually helps Kris Kobach stay relevant as a candidate AND bring Prez Trump supporters with him.
And so we ask . . .
IS SECSTATE POMPEO DAMAGED BY THE IMPEACHMENT HOT MESS OR HAS THIS CRISIS HELPED BOLSTER HIS BRAND?!?
Further reading . . .
CNN: Pompeo fails to meet House subpoena deadline to produce Ukraine documents
Hill: Pompeo says State Dept. has given initial response to Congress over documents
NPR: Did Secretary Pompeo Forget His West Point Pledge?
Guardian: Mike Pompeo says lawyers 'harassed' his team after he missed Ukraine subpoena deadline
Salon: Pompeo and Barr are finding out what loyalty to Trump is really worth
Politico: Trump was Pompeo’s ticket to power. Then he got burned by Ukraine.
Stars & Stripes: Pompeo blasts Ukraine critics for 'silly gotcha game'
You decide . . .