Thursday, July 25, 2019
TKC BREAKING NEWS!!! CLAY CHASTAIN FILES DEFAMATION LAWSUIT AGAINST KCMO CITY MANAGER TROY SCHULTE!!!
With the case against The Star recently dismissed, here's the latest legal move from a prolific Kansas City transit activist . . .
Clay Chastain files defamation suit against City Manager Troy Schulte
Every American should have the right to defend themselves against wounding accusations.
* City Manager Troy Schulte accused me of threatening Mayor Sly James' personal safety. I did not.
* For 3-years, Schulte profiled me as dangerous by placing my name on the City's "Watch List" for individuals deemed dangerous. He had no cause or right to do that.
* Schulte ordered security to place me under armed security guard while at City Hall. He had no cause or right to do that either.
* To his great credit, Mayor Sly James told the truth and said he did not recall being threatened by Clay Chastain.
* The Kansas City Star repeated and trumpeted Schulte's false and defamatory actions against me by stating on March 25, 2019, " At one point he was put on a watch list at City Hall in response to perceived threats against Mayor Sly James." The Star then added their own lie, "he's suffered from depression." I never have.
I have previously tried to sue the City and the Star over these defamatory statements and actions but twice their high-powered attorneys have out maneuvered me in court and gotten my cases thrown out on bogus technicalities.
We will see what happens this time.
Ever since I won the 2006 light rail election, the Star and City Hall have been out to make me the pariah of the community. The Star even published a headline, " Why won't he just leave us alone?"
The more accurate question is....Why won't the Star and City Hall leave Clay Chastain and his petitions alone? Could it be because my petition to build Kansas City a state-of-the-art, zero-emission and rapid citywide transit system conflicts with both the City's ambitions to expand their obsolete streetcar system (managed by Schulte) and the ATA's failed diesel bus system?
Let us pray Mayor Quinton Lucas and the new City Council desire a tabula rasa from which to work and will make peace with Clay Chastain, fire City Manager Troy Schulte and let We the People vote on their valid "Green Transit" petition designed to vastly improve public transportation and revitalize our City.
Kansas City Community Activist, Clay Chastain
Developing . . .