Sunday, May 26, 2019
TKC SUNDAY CONSIDERATION: WILL KANSAS CITY VOTERS PROTEST STATUS QUO & WRITE-IN CLAY CHASTAIN?!?!
The latest word from Clay Chastain begs voters to take a moment of contemplation regarding the record of the two leading candidates on this Memorial Day Weekend . . .
Clay Chastain: Jolie and Quinton do not deserve to be Mayor because neither did anything significant to improve quality of life while on the city council.
How did two candidates (Jolie and Quinton) get their names on the general election ballot for mayor when both did almost nothing to improve quality of life for everyday Kansas Citians while on the City Council? And true to that history, neither is proposing anything specific to improve quality of life in their campaigns!
On the other hand, Clay Chastain has done a lot to try and improve quality of life as an activist and is proposing specific initiatives to improve quality of life in his platform as a write-in candidate for Mayor including...
(1) an anti-crime plan that includes hiring 100 new community police officers, (2) a transit plan to replace the City's failed diesel bus system with a quick, quiet and clean citywide system (the "Green Transit Petition"), (3) a plan to eliminate TIF and all tax giveaways, (3) a plan for creating affordable housing without raising taxes, (4) a plan to phase out the earnings tax, etc. And bonus ideas like... firing City Manager Troy Schulte, stopping rigged elections, doing an audit on the City's Water Dept. (to see where all the money is going) and looking into where all the Go Bond money is going, etc.
Here is a review of Jolie and Quinton's voting record on the council, and you decide whether any of these votes improved your quality of life...
(1) Both listened to special interests and voted not to let the people vote on the Paseo name change controversy;
(2) Both voted for additional funding for the 18th & Vine financial sink hole;
(3) Both voted to give developers taxpayer dollars for glitzy projects - downtown convention hotel & luxury condos;
(4) Both voted to change the meaning of a light rail petition and turn it into a streetcar petition to insure its defeat;
(5) Both voted to ignore citywide voter's opposition to the streetcar & pushed ahead anyway via a rigged election;
(6) Both voted not to let voters vote on an alternative, better and less expensive plan to remodel KCI;
(7) Both voted to raise taxes at every opportunity and offered no plan to create affordable housing.
* Nether Jolie or Quinton initiated any specific plan to reduce the City's number of horrific homicides!
Given that sorry track record, how could any thinking voter choose Jolie or Quinton to be KC's next Mayor?
If just a fraction of the silent majority will come out to vote this time (85% did not vote in the primary) and write-in Clay Chastain for Mayor, we can take back control of our City, make it work in behalf of the taxpaying public and have an improved quality of life for all.
Developing . . .