Monday, April 08, 2019
TKC BREAKING NEWS!!! KANSAS CITY CONSIDERS LOCAL 'GREEN NEW DEAL' FOR RENEWABLE ENERGY!!!
Admittedly, the talk about FOREVER tax breaks for Kansas City corporate parasites might be a bigger deal to the locals locked in to 12th & Oak politics . . . But this morning, in a brief moment of optimism, we want to consider City Hall attempting to save the world.
To wit . . .
CHECK KANSAS CITY COMMITTING TO RENEWABLE ENERGY THIS WEEK AND OUR OWN GREEN NEW DEAL!!!
Here's the legislation . . .
- Kansas City has been a leader in acknowledging the effects of climate change on the City, region, State and Nation.
- Mayor Sly James reaffirmed the City’s commitment to abide by the targets set out in the Paris Climate Agreement by joining other mayors from cities across the country in pledging to “adopt, honor, and uphold the commitments to the goals enshrined in the Paris Agreement.”
- Kansas City was recognized as a national and international leader in sustainable urban development initiatives and has joined the UNESCO Creative City Network as a City of Music, seeking to demonstrate continued progress toward the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development by engaging in the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals.
- KCMO is making progress to ensure that buildings are more energy efficient, wind and solar are increasingly a greater part of the City’s electricity mix, and electric vehicles are being used in significantly greater numbers/
- Council in Resolution directed the City Manager to, among other things, enter into negotiations to obtain all its electricity used for municipal operations from carbon-free sources.
Accordingly . . .
Council wants to authorize the City Manager to direct local funds toward purchasing electric energy from a renewable energy resource.
And so, KCMO is ready to take a page right from the Green New Deal and anybody who disagrees is to be pitied.
Whilst flyover country conservatives might not get it, progressives still go wild for the Green New Deal despite it's lukewarm legislative reception.
And so, not even the Prez making fun of cow farts and calling out a member of Congress as a bartender is killing the fight to save the planet in Kansas City.
Developing . . .