Friday, February 22, 2019
TKC EXCLUSIVE!!! COUNCILMAN QUINTON LUCAS EARNS TOP SPOT AS CASH KING IN KANSAS CITY CONTEST FOR MAYOR!!!
Voters in Kansas City are desperately looking for a leader to emerge in a crowded mayoral race that has featured many forums but few insights into the unforgiving details of how elections in this town are won behind the scenes.
As usual, our blog community is FIRST to share how this contest is really shaping up.
NOW, we have news that will resonate among every informed voter, elected official and political consultant today . . .
TKC BREAKING NEWS!!! INSIDERS CROWN QUINTON LUCAS AS CASH KING OF THE KANSAS CITY RACE FOR MAYOR!!!
Here's the word and perspective that, as always, belongs to KICK-ASS TKC TIPSTERS . . .
"Lucas is the new cash king, Miller continues to have a wealthy network but also has sizable debt, and Jolie remains strong but is spending a ton of money. Taylor's fall continues and his race looks all but over, Glynn had a strong quarter but only barely has enough to cover his debt, Reed continues to benefit from Ollie Gates' love but doesn't seem to be trying for anything. At the bottom, neither Canady nor Wagner can find a way to raise money."
Now check the evidence to back it up . . .
Cash on hand heading into the final weeks is all important and will determine how hard campaign "volunteers" & consultants will work:
Here's a glimpse at how the contest has played out in these final rounds:
Now, take a look at the money game with just a bit of snark via TKC intro headlines that make this fiscal WILL TO POWER slap-fight just a bit more fun for all of our broke-ass but highly involved denizens of the local discourse following along on their phones . . .
Kansas City Secret: Council Dude Quinton Saved Money To Make Money
- Lucas ($265,000) is now the leader in the cash-on-hand race, with more resources to spend as the campaigns head into the home stretch. This is largely due to very low expenses. His largest were on advertising and printing.
Money Man Steve Miller Moving Forward
- Miller's ($230,000) cash on hand is strong, but offset by a massive $53,000 in debt, putting his total resource between Taylor and Justus. Axiom Strategies remains off of his report, but the mysterious "Ingress Strategies" has received substantial expenditures.
Council Lady Jolie Spending Big Bucks To Play Dirty With Out Of Town Help
- Justus' ($215,000) fundraising remains strong, but her burn rate is still incredibly high because of (another) $20,000 spent for opposition research, $34,000 for a NYC PR Firm, and $42,000 for mail from the Dover Group.
Council Dude Scott Taylor Invested Early But Will It Work???
- Taylor ($139,000) has hardly raised since the changes to campaign finance limiting corporate contributions. The trajectory of his campaign continues to worsen but he has just enough cash to remain dangerous.
Fugazi Phil Fades
- Glynn ($89,000) woke back up and had a strong quarter, but has $72,000 in debt to cover, leaving him with fewer total resources than even Wagner and Canady.
Mixed Plate Money Fuels Councilman Reed
- Reed ($88,000) continues to have a decent amount, but doesn't seem to have any direction in the spending. Outside of Ollie Gates, only 1 donation over $500 arrived.
Council Lady Canady: Mayor Candidate Test Run For Mean Jean Successor???
- Canady ($30,722) edging out Wagner, Canady still hasn't gained traction. Her only function will be as a siphon of Lucas votes, and propping herself for a 2020 run for prosecutor.
Where Will Council Dude Scott Go???
-Wagner ($29,312) what's his next step after April 2nd?
And so . . .
This cash contest info is important for a lot of reasons but mostly because it powers the ground game in the last weeks and days before the election.
One topic that most pundits are missing:
There is no winning a Kansas City Mayoral race without a ground game.
Mayor Sly surprised a lot of people, including TKC, 8 years ago with a historic door to door Midtown blitzkrieg that earned him the top job job at City Hall. Before that the former Mr. Peanut powered a small but dedicated army to mobilize Brookside & the corridor for Mayor Funky and his wife's feet.
Now . . .
The die is cast.
And, as always, money is the most important factor in the fight for Kansas City's election for mayor.
Developing . . .