Monday, January 28, 2019
TKC BREAKING NEWS!!! CLAY CHASTAIN ANNOUNCES AIRPORT RENOVATION PLAN THREATENING TO DERAIL NEW KCI IF HE'S ELECTED KANSAS CITY MAYOR!!!
This is the silly season of promises from politicos wanting to garner power and prestige but one commitment from a candidate resonates above the rest.
To wit . . .
CLAY CHASTAIN SAYS HE'LL SAVE KCI IF ELECTED KANSAS CITY MAYOR!!!
It's a bold statement and a $4-BILLION turnabout for the biggest construction project in Kansas City history that has been mired in double talk and political posturing.
Here's his pitch . . .
Clay Chastain: Move to halt airport boondoggle and seek real honest election to save and renovate KCI
* KC needs a better airport, but not a multi-billion dollar plus better airport whose backers not only misled voters about its true cost, but also lied to voters about there being no taxpayer obligation.
* From the beginning, the establishment's push for a shiny new, amenity-sated single-terminal airport has been botched, misrepresented to voters and of a clandestine nature. It is an airport for the elite, not the everyday resident.
* This boondoggle seeks to replace an existing and convenient airport most residents love, is paid for and is a big money maker for the city in that it turns a tidy net profit of $45 million per year according to Moody's 2016 report.
* Engineer Clay will hold open discussions with the airlines and aviation committee to see what their needs and safety requirements are and then forge a reasonable cost-effective plan to renovate KCI and place before voters.
* Sly (along with Justus, Reed and Lucas of the council's Airport Selection Committee), have demonstrated major incompetence in the bumbling and secret handling of this ill-fated municipal project.
* Who on earth would lead our city to spend several hundred million dollars to landfill a solid piece of transportation infrastructure (that is making the city $45 million per year), and replace it with a multi-billion new airport that will spike passenger fares, ramp up parking fees and not turn a profit for 35-years?
Answer: The same bunch that has sabotaged the people's petitions, turned Kansas City into a gateway for greedy wealthy developers (usurping residents tax dollars away from civic and infrastructure needs) and who just billed our city's over-taxed residents with the unnecessary cost of changing the name of a long historic boulevard the honoree himself would never have approved of. All, while the city's horrific homicides and broken infrastructure are ruining citizen's quality of life.
Now is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of our suffering city.
Mayoral candidate, Clay Chastain.
Fox4: Check the list of candidates running for Kansas City mayor
You decide . . .