Saturday, September 16, 2017
TKC SATURDAY NIGHT PLAYLIST!!! LOCAL MAINSTREAM MEDIA MISTAKEN ABOUT STEVE GLORIOSO KANSAS CITY LEGACY!!!
Just about every old fogey and aspiring power player in Kansas City politics is quick to share their memories about a former Kansas City political consultant who passed this week . . . Most of the insights are politically driven tripe to further their own agenda and image - This is fitting given that Mr. Glorioso also seized upon a great many opportunities to advance his goals in much the same manner.
Throughout the course of this blog, Steve had to endure a few taco lunches with TKC until it kinda got insulting that the dude kept on inviting me out for tacos . . . What the hell is it with middle-class white people wanting share Mexican food with Latinos??? Was that in an episode of Modern Family???
But I digress . . .
Honestly, until after he died, I didn't know how old Steve was and I put him way closer to 80 than 70.
A few things you d-dags didn't know or didn't bother to note yet . . .
- He helped to take care of an elderly parent, to my knowledge this was his most redeeming quality and something that only his close friends knew . . . A nice personal deet that Helling hasn't managed to bloviate about . . . Yet.
- He desperately wanted Councilman Quinton Lucas to be the next Mayor of Kansas City - Take that at face value because there are a few ways it could be interpreted.
- The pinnacle of his career was during his time with Mayor Kay Barnes . . . Yes, he made quick work of Mayor Mark Funkhouser behind the scenes but the current corporate era in KC politics hampered his level of effectiveness along with the passing of Pat Gray. Reality: His participation in KC political campaigns had waned for years.
- Another fun fact that has been mostly overlooked . . . Steve Glorisoso helped to monitor elections in Serbia and worked toward moving the country toward a more viable Democracy.
- He had a house in Mexico and often lied about spending time there whenever political criticism of him got too intense.
TKC Pet peeve and this one is just for the late night readers . . . It was always easy to tell who was completely clueless or paranoid about Mr. Glorioso and ignorant about the crime scene in KC judging by whether or not they mentioned the mob -- It was a typical cheap shot that was often tossed around but the fact is . . . Steve Glorioso was a policy wonk and a bit of a nerd who never came close to committing a violent crime in his life. They would've never had him in the mob anyhoo but this tragic bit of ethnic stereotyping was constantly thrown around by dopey middle-class guys who watch too much cable TV.
The eulogizing continues into next week . . .
Friends and family will celebrate the life of deceased political consultant Steve Glorioso on Wednesday, Sept. 20, at Union Station, the family said Saturday.
And so . . . Tonight we dedicate the playlist to the end of an era in local politics and invite our blog community to clown so many elected officials and hangers on who attempt to hijack the spotlight form one another . . . The fact is, the advent of the Internet has shown us that ALL POLITICS IS NOT LOCAL and entrenched forces who once one ruled town are fading away as corporate governance has completely taken hold of Kansas City's agenda.
As always, thanks for reading tonight and have a safe and fun Saturday night.