Thursday, September 14, 2017
KANSAS CITY POLITICAL CONSULTANT STEVE GLORIOSO DIES AT 70
Forget all of the phony testimony from fake Kansas City politicos.
Kansas City's Machiavelli has passed and that's probably the only way that his political enemies will be able to declare a victory against him in the world of local politics.
We'll post our more fond memories first and then let you d-bags spit on his grave . . .
- He was the bad cop for Kansas City's first female Mayor Kay Barnes.
- Mr. Glorioso was so good at his job that several campaigns hired him just to keep him from working against them.
- He badmouthed Bob Dole and was sued over a convoluted abortion story but that didn't stop him from having a longer political career than the GOP dude who went on to sell boner pills and Pepsi.
- His campaigns are too numerous to mention BUT he played an integral part in just about every KCMO tax increase over the past 30 years.
- Mr. Glorioso worked with a number of people who badmouthed him constantly behind his back but gladly welcomed his help when consulting fees were involved.
More than any other person, and for better or worse, Steve Glorioso defined today's politics in Kansas City.
KCUR: Long Time Kansas City Politico Steve Glorioso Dies
KSHB: The 70-year-old oversaw many campaigns in the Kansas City area. The most recent was this past April. He helped run the campaign to approve the city’s $800 million GO bond package.
KCTV5: “Steve was whip smart, incredibly loyal, and could always see around corners when it came to any public policy issue," Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill said.
Your turn . . .