Saturday, August 19, 2017
TKC SATURDAY NIGHT PLAYLIST!!! REJECTING THE KANSAS CITY CONFEDERATE DISTRACTION!!!
It turns out the d-bag who organized a deadly, stupid and divisive white supremacist rally in Charlottesville actually voted and campaigned for President Obama . . . While this doesn't prove any of the conspiracy theory wack-job claims about the intent of a divisive fatal confrontation that's ripping the nation apart - IT DOES remind us that practitioners of identity politics "on all sides" (to quote our sleazebag Prez) are mostly unstable and unproductive.
Meanwhile in Kansas City . . .
- An international corporation threatens to loot airport revenue and destroy one of this town's vital resources with the help of the Mayor and a lawyer on the council who claims she's a champion of social justice.
- The rate of KCMO murder has spiked more than 30% over last year as the killing pushes toward the century mark at a historically early point on the calendar.
- Streetcar supporters have straight up rejected and defied the outcome of a CITYWIDE vote and push their agenda by way of subverting Democracy through gerrymandering and voter suppression.
- Entertainment districts downtown and on the Eastside grow increasingly violent and drain City Hall finances while neighborhoods struggle to garner resources. Also, flood control in KCMO is a bad joke.
- With nothing more than some drawings and a smile, developers have garnered $35-MILLION worth of up front financing from City Hall and HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS in tax breaks promised for a hotel that doesn't yet have the financial support it desperately needs outside of 12th & Oak.
And so . . .
Kansas City confronts all these problems and more that are mostly under the radar or ignored by "activists" yet we're supposed to believe that some mostly ignored and forgotten monument is the biggest problem in Kansas City???
Here at TKC we don't tell people what to do or how to think . . . Do what you want. We can only hope that locals who fight against the ghosts of the Confederacy also acknowledge the very REAL problems Kansas City confronts in the here and now.
And all this has inspired our old school Southern Rock playlist tonight . . .
As always thanks for reading this week and have a safe and fun Saturday night . . .