Friday, July 28, 2017
TKC QUESTION TONIGHT!!! WHAT CHANGES SHOULD NEW TOP COP SMITH MAKE FOR KANSAS CITY POLICE?!?!
The subject of change is the first order of biz for the new Chief elect.
Already he has been inundate with suggestions, requests and pleas.
“My membership strongly supports putting more officers on the streets, and I think the community supports that,” says Police Union Leader Brad Lemon.
The board also wants to move toward a higher level of community policing, body cameras and perhaps more homicide detectives, according to police board President Leland Shurin. He says Smith’s familiarity with the KCPD was a plus in the hiring process.
Like it or not, here's a few more ideas from our blog community and a few lookie-loos from JoCo -
- Disband KC NOVA and dissolve all cooperation with ineffective political groups disguised as anti-crime efforts
- Abandon CAN Center Operations And Begin Strict Enforcement Of Illegal Immigration
- Stop all enforcement of marijuana laws now that weed is in transition toward decriminalization
- Increase Anti-Gang crackdown in coordination with Prez Trump's promise to destroy MS-13
- Ramp up patrols and communication to protect bus passengers and drivers
Those are all the ideas sent by our blog community today but now we'd like get even more crackpot ideas from locals who don't have any Friday night plans!!!
You decide . . .