Sunday, June 04, 2017
KANSAS CITY TAX FIGHTERS RAGE AGAINST NEW AIRPORT FAKE RFP!!!
Tonight let's take a look at an alternative perspective regarding the ongoing airport debate and much needed push back against Burns & Mac domination of the process.
To wit . . .
KANSAS CITY TAX FIGHTERS TAKE APART THE NEW AIRPORT RFP AND RAGE AGAINST THE PROCESS THEY ARGUE IS STILL RIGGED!!!
Here's an exhaustive yet COMPREHENSIVE review of the agenda that gets in full swing this week . . .
CFRG: DO THEY THINK WE’RE STUPPODD!! YESS THAY DOO!
We should all be embarrassed for Mayor James, City Manager Schulte, Councilwoman Justus, Councilman Reed, who along with other hand picked patsies forged the RFP on the new single terminal airport this week. If they aren’t they should be aware Kansas City is the laughing stock of the airline industry world wide for putting out such a stupid document. Just about the time we thought they might do it right, here comes this joke which can’t even be called an legitimate RFP. This is once again the ATAG and all the other phony committees the mayor has set up to jam this single terminal idea down our throats rolled into one document.
If it was a legitimate RFP, it would consider the remodel proposals which have been presented. These remodel proposals answer the sight line problems and add 9,000 parking spaces right by the terminals. These are the objections we hear to the remodel proposals, yet the proposals address the objections. The objections are FAKE!
The RFP for the airport terminal is a boondoggle. It’s a set-up for Burns and MacDonald. This document does not meet any national or international standard in terms of procurement and probity.
For example . . .
- Burns & Mac’s right to review all bids and their exclusive right to match any bid.
- Process for design, construction and finance does not permit any innovation or proposed improvement to the project.
- Submittal must comply with BM’s proposal plus previous studies conducted by Langdon | Brown and others for the Single Terminal
- Limit to sub-contractors already under contract to BM >
- No disclosure of previous agreements and detailed requirements from airlines, etc.
Evaluation Committee makeup is a joke. Where are the financial people? What experience do these people (James, Schulte, Justus, Reed) have evaluating a multi billion dollar airport construction project?
Proposals for KCI are due June 20 with a formal presentation on June 22. This makes it extremely difficult for potential bidders. The proposal is limited to 100 pages. They do not identify the MWBE % requirement – only desires that MWBE have a maximum opportunity to participate. (Take note Canaday, Barnes)!
As to be expected, the proposal requirements are very detailed.
Other details include:
• The City will continue to own and operate the airport.
• Design, build and privately finance a 750,000 square foot terminal
• Provides at least 6,500 spot parking garage
• Includes 35 gates but is expandable to 42 gates - (we have 50 gates available now. An airline executive said recently;” I have never seen a city wanting to spend over a billion dollars to downsize their airport”! Yet here we are!!!
• Reflects the design approved by airlines a year ago
• Reflects the financing approved by airlines
• Utilizes local construction workers
• Pays prevailing wages
• Meets or exceeds the City’s MBE/WBE goals as well as workforce development or job training for local workers
• Ensures the City retains ownership and operation of the airport
• Includes 1% of the cost dedicated to the arts
Burns and McDonnell have never built an airport from the ground up! Would you hire a builder to build a house for you who has never built a house? I don’t think so!
Don’t forget the meeting Monday night: FINAL AIRPORT MEETING: Monday June 5TH 5:30 pm Bruce R Watkins Cultural Center, 3700 Blue Parkway, Kansas City, MO.
Please show up and voice your displeasure at this FAKE RFP. Kansas City is better than this. This is an embarrassment. There are professional companies who prepare fair and honest RFPs. Lets hire one of them and do this right. Again any city councilperson endorsing this circus does not have what it takes to be mayor of our great city. Stand up and be heard!
Citizens for Responsible Government
Developing . . .