Candice Swanepoel highlights this week's list of the strongest movers and shakers in Kansas City.
1. Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker - The case against Bishop Finn is going forward. Her office is one of the only in the nation to take on the Catholic Hierarchy in a controversial sex scandal.
2. MO State Rep. Ryan Silvey - Across party lines he turned heads this week by earning an endorsement from Mayor Sly.
3. MO State Rep. Jason Holsman - He's building support among Democrats across the State.
4. John Hile - Newly elected to The Kansas City School Board. The only newbie who bothered to put his name on the ballot. Dedicated to students and what happens in the classroom. He's the best news for Kansas City Public Schools this week.
5. Congressman Emanuel Cleaver - A bad biz deal and a resolution for Trayvon Martin put this Kansas City elected official in the center of firestorm this week . . . But he's still favored to win his election.
Micheal Mahoney - A Kansas City news legend who has the courage to even throw TKC a shout out. This local news institution has made a rather smooth transition to the digital era.
John Landsberg - Kansas City's media referee keeps this town in line and still has the courage to maintain standards.
Darla Jaye - Still The Queen of Kansas City Talk Radio.
Chris Hernandez - The guy who is everywhere in Kansas City media.
Tess K. - We always look forward to everything this newsie files.
WORST KANSAS CITY NIGHT LIFE SPOTS
First Friday - Really, aren't we all tired of pretending to look at art?
Westport - Sleazy, dirty, overpriced and home to the ripoff KC Strip along with a great many people who can't recover from the fact that High School is over.
The P&L District - The TKC Boycott is bringing this place down faster than their horrible Jersey Shore branding.
Brookside/Waldo - The place where white people wish minorities didn't know about . . .
Golden Ghetto Leawood Nightlife - Cheating spouses aren't always interesting.
As always, this list has been compiled according to scientific TKC polling and market research data and it's a weekly comprehensive guide to local powerful people.