THE TKC SUNDAY SPECIAL!!! KANSAS CITY CLASH OF THE TITANS: MAYOR SLY BATTLES MR. PEANUT FOR STREETCAR SUPREMACY!!!
Behind the scenes, the upcoming toy train streetcar TDD election is now the battleground for control of Kansas City politics.
Accordingly . . .
KANSAS CITY INSIDERS SAY THE ELECTION STRUGGLE FOR TOY TRAIN STREETCAR SUPREMACY WILL DETERMINE CONTROL OF LOCAL POLITICS FOR MAYOR SLY OR THE CONTINUED DOMINATION OF MR. PEANUT!!!
Mr. Peanut has long opposed fixed rail transit and he has proven successful EVERY TIME he has put his campaign team to work.
On the other hand, Mayor Sly is the FIRST MAYOR who Mr. Peanut did not anoint and now some trumpet the demise of Mr. Peanut's EPIC reign over local politics.
Make no mistake . . . Mr. Peanut has established a legacy in this town but support from local corporate interests might prove too powerful. Then again, in the last light rail battle Council dude Russ Johnson called out Mr. Peanut as a "subprime" operator and now Russ Johnson couldn't get elected to dog catcher. The stakes for Mayor Sly here are bigger than his team might thing, this is the first real test of his alleged 70% popularity rating that his cheerleaders lie about . . .
Let's look at the battle lines . . .
Notable SUPPORTERS of the toy train streetcar phase deux include . . .
- Consultant powerhouse Jason Parsons & Co. managing the urban core initiative and voter "education" door knocking that some call illegal electioneering, Steve Glorioso running PR, Larry Jacob handling the campaign overall.
- Corporate support from Burns & Mac, the Heavies and a great many local lawyers.
- The "creative class" of minor consultants and hipsters like Staubio posing as urban activists in order to win a few contract handouts.
The main OPPOSITION against the streetcar extension . . .
- Show-Me Institute libertarian activists powered by Rex Sinquefield & Crosby Kemper III cash . . .
- Freedom, Inc. against PIAC looting and misplaced urban core priorities . . .
- And of course, Mr. Peanut and the EXTENSIVE LIST of political contacts he has developed over his many years.
In the grand scheme of things, this smallish election is just another step Kansas City is taking toward bankruptcy.
Nevertheless . . .
THE FIGHT BETWEEN MR. PEANUT VS. MAYOR SLY WILL DETERMINE THE FUTURE OF KANSAS CITY POLITICS FOR AT LEAST THE NEXT DECADE!!!
Call it corporate vs. civic patron politics in Kansas City in order to determine how best to lead local voters who are increasingly turning away from voting and Democracy.
Developing . . .