THE KANSAS CITY PREZ OBAMA MESSAGE: STOP JUST HATING ALL THE TIME!!!
The Prez is now on his way out of Kansas City and the litany of complimentary coverage is nearly complete.
Strangely, enough . . . What the Prez said resonates should resonate with this blog community.
PREZ OBAMA'S MAIN POINT IN HIS KANSAS CITY TALK: STOP THE HATE!!!
Here's the full video for people with more patience than TKC.
It's was a simple yet provocative statement that seems to define election time politics but sadly doesn't provide much practical guidance.
In fact, he didn't even help decide the constant Kansas City BBQ debate.
The President's comments on the economy weren't substantial, there were no real solutions to the growing list of international concerns which confront the nation and I'm not sure anybody is willing to give him credit for the slight economic bounce as of late.
But more or less, the Kansas City Presidential visit made this town feel good about itself . . . Which is kind of the point of all local politics.
Here are the links that pretty much summarize the KCMO Prez Obama visit and celebrity treatment wherein some goofy middle-class, middle-aged white lady @ a BBQ joint gushing serves this town's defining moment:
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Obama Calls For 'Economic Patriotism' in Kansas City Speech
- President Obama addresses minimum wage during speech in Kansas City
- BLUNT: What the president should hear in Kansas City
- 'You're so handsome!' Obama fan declares during President's barbecue date with Kansas City penpals
- Protesters mass outside Obama appearance in KC
- WATCH: President Obama has message for Congress from Kansas City
More in a bit . . .