TKC EXCLUSIVE!!! JACKSON COUNTY INSIDERS REVEAL TOP 5 SIGNS OF TROUBLE FOR EXEC MIKE SANDERS AMID TRANSLATIONAL TAX VOTE!!!
Like it or not, public opinion and civic organizations are rising up against the proposed Jackson County Translational sales tax.
To wit . . .
JACKSON COUNTY INSIDERS OFFER EXCLUSIVE INSIGHT INTO HOW RECENT TRANSLATIONAL TAX NEWS IMPACTS THE COUNTY EXECUTIVE!!!
We'll make this quick and dirty . . .
1. This is the FIRST time the newspaper has endorsed against Exec Mike Sanders - He has enjoyed Dead Tree Media support so far but on this issue he has been abandoned by Yael and the rest of the editorial board.
2. Mayor Sly Stays Winning Exec Mike Sanders - Another trend - Kansas City's Mayor Sly James is now the favorite political son of this town and it seems that The County Exec fared far better while the mainstream media was attacking former Mayor Funkhouser.
3. Jackson County Exec Mike Sanders is on the hook for this tax whether he likes it or not - Yes, he has been keeping a low profile but this tax issue is his "baby" one way or another. If he doesn't win, friends at the Civic Council, The Chamber and so many other big money interests are going to be suspect of his influence.
4. The Translational Tax is losing in Eastern Jack 2-1: Long, long ago . . . Eastern Jack was once a stronghold of Mike Sanders before he won the adoration of the Midtown Kansas City Democratic elite. Now, denizens of his old stomping ground don't seem to have much in common with Exec Sanders.
5. The Jackson County Urban Core Rebellion - After years of African-Americans being passed over for top Democratic positions . . . The opposing stance from Freedom, Inc. and so many others could be seen as political comeuppance that has been a long time in the making.
For these reasons and so many more, this vote is important to the Jackson County Executive and it's not unfair to note the he's trailing in this election race so far.
Developing . . .