Top 5 Reasons Kansas City's Toy Train Streetcar Won't Live Up To The Hype!!!
Propaganda for The Kansas City Toy Train is now in high gear as the laughable results of a RIGGED election are soon to unfold.
Check out Yael Cheerleading: What the streetcar plan could do for downtown Kansas City
And so . . .
TKC PRESENTS: THE TOP 5 WAYS THE KANSAS CITY TOY TRAIN STREETCAR WILL FAIL!!!
1. Toy Train Supporters are LYING about the REAL COST: Most taxpayer subsidized construction projects are nothing more than a feeding frenzy in Kansas City. $100 Mil doesn't even come close to the real price once so many consultants and engineering firms take their cut. Look for prices to DOUBLE as this terror train for taxpayers is already eating up "emergency" City Hall cash as it goes off track.
2. Toy Train Accidents - Streetcars are notorious for hitting cyclists and other cars. Obviously, this old school technology isn't as maneuverable as a bus. And so this represents more cost and danger on local streets.
3. The Toy Train To Nowhere - Crown Center has a great parking garage and there's plenty of space to park at the River Market. There's nothing much to visit at Union Station other than offices . . . This is transit designed for NOBODY and reverse engineering density has always proven to be an expensive disaster for Kansas City.
4. Violence On The Kansas City Terror Toy Train - Downtown and The Crossroads have seen an uptick in homicides this year and eventually somebody will get killed, robbed and/or severely beaten on the Toy Train AND THEN suburbanites and young people the city hopes to attract might realize that there's more safety by simply staying in their cars.
5. The Toy Train Subverted Kansas City Democracy With Dirty Backroom Deals - All of Kansas City will end up paying dearly for the Toy Train but this "Transit District Ponzi Scheme" championed by Kansas City Council Dude Russ Johnson is one of the most despicable attempts to subvert the electorate Kansas City has seen according to some Toy Train critics. Less than 500 people will get to spend $100 Million of Kansas City taxpayer cash in a process that was completely RIGGED and has capitalized on this town's broken Democracy.
For these reasons and so many more the Kansas City Toy Train Streetcar is already a FAILED scheme that reveals a political leadership class with misplaced priorities and deplorable practices.
DEVELOPING . . .