THE TKC WEEKLY POWER RANKINGS!!!
I don't expect Kansas City to come anywhere close to Candice Swanepoel and her beautifully strong hotness . . . However, here's a look at this town's most powerful movers and shakers for the week:
1. Jackson County Executive Mike Sanders - He's trying to politely muscle out Congressman Cleaver for a shot at D.C. down the road. It's all very polite and friendly . . . For now.
2. Sen. Claire McCaskill - Phony polling that pretends her race is competitive is a rather inspired bit of misdirection.
3. Councilman John Sharp - A strong show of support for Red Light Cameras from this elected official this week.
4. Council Lady Melba Curls - More often people are no longer willing to cut her slack for lackluster 3rd District Representation and she's facing some powerful opposition.
5. Council Dude Russ Johnson - Our first Mayor From The Northland.
Micheal Mahoney - Stellar GOP 2012 Convention coverage from this Kansas City Journalism Institution.
Kris Ketz - Your Twitter Friend and mine.
Mary Sanchez - A powerful display of bias and elitism this week as she seems to be taking on the role of the KC Star's new punching bag.
Bryan Busby - Because he made the drought interesting.
Special Mention . . .
The Duo From KC Live - Local TV is making a comeback despite the fact these two are on their way to be cancelled because nobody likes them.
KANSAS CITY IRISH FEST ATTRACTIONS
A bit of dedication to Kansas City's Irish Fest, a strong local tradition that almost always faces a fight with the weather . . .
Eddie Delahunt - They call him Mr. Irish Fest and his traditional Irish music is one of the most authentic sounds in Kansas City. Check the Irish Fest music schedule to see one of his performances.
Scimeca's Sausages - Little known fact . . . The most popular food item @ Irish Fest is a Kansas City Italian delicacy.
Shillelaghs for sale - For your basement and to possibly for self-defense when St. Patrick's Day comes around again.
Lucky Loo - We broke news of this cheeky contest and Insiders can find the winners and inundate them with requests to ruin their whizbang prize.
Mass @ Irish Fest - A rare chance to look at Kansas City's real Irish Community and a bit of authentic celebration.
As always, this list has been compiled according to scientific TKC polling and market research data and it's a weekly comprehensive guide to local powerful people.