Saturday, March 23, 2013

THE TKC SATURDAY NIGHT PLAYLIST!!! KANSAS CITY STANDS UP THIS WEEK!!!



Tonight, let's look back on the trend that defined theses last few days . . .

THIS WEEK KANSAS CITY FINALLY DECIDED TO START STANDING UP AND PUSHING BACK AGAINST THE LOCAL POLITICAL ELITE!!!

Like it or not . . . Derron Black led this local movement with an outburst that overshadowed Kansas City's Mayor and his State Of The City speech enforcing the status quo:



And then . . .



Even after an unfavorable Jackson County verdict . . . Credit to our friend Bryan "El Bryan" Stalder for taking to the Internets and using his artistic ability to challenge the Kansas City streetcar TOY TRAIN debacle on their home turf.

Finally . . .



A bit of tech activism could not only employ Google Fiber in a local solution to bridge the digital divide but also change the corporate culture of Kansas City Internet perception that focuses far too much on entrepreneur pipe dreams and not enough on community building.

And so . . .

THIS WEEK WAS A TURNING POINT IN KANSAS CITY POLITICAL DISCOURSE AND REVEALS RESIDENTS PUSHING BACK AGAINST THE RHETORIC OF THE MOSTLY DISCONNECTED POLITICAL RULING CLASS!!!

And this has inspired our playlist tonight . . .



As always, thank you for reading and have a safe and fun Saturday Night.

13 comments:

  1. Small steps TKC.

    It's all about small steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is gonna change is good ol' KC ....sorry to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame on you Sly.

    We expected better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, Derron Black screaming "Aux Barricades!!!" is our go to thoughts for the rest of the weekend?

    Brutal, fuckin brutal.

    The snow and ice storm has more traction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much longer is slick sly james's term for? We need to get a mayor who is more concerned about education than taxing 100 million dollars for a fucking street car that will drain the KCMO budget like a leech.


    Sneaked in a vote for it, and I bet you the insiders are going to cash out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry 10:17, he will get a second term. You can take that to the bank. It's all about being black. Even though he dont do diddly squat for the east siders, he'll still get the black vote just like Hussein Obama did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I'm not going anywhere, right TKC? What we gon' do? There is two ways to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anon 11:18

    Didn't Pastor Brooks lose to Mayor Funky?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree with Chuck for once.

    I knew it would be just a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "he'll still get the black vote just like Hussein Obama did."

    Right. Everybody knows that once you secure 11 percent of the vote, the other 89 percent will fall right in line.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The "powers that be" wouldn't bring this Streetcar farce to Kansas City voters to decide, because they knew they'd lose the vote.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sly James will win re-election, but it has nothing to do with the color of his skin, and everything to do with the fact that his wife isn't making negative headlines every week.

    I urge all of you to "like" Kcstreetcarfail on Facebook so we can work together to isolate it's damage to taxpayers and business owners in Downtown KC. There's a lot about streetcars that we're not being told, and I share it on facebook/twitter as I learn about it.

    I also generate #kcstreetcar fail memes.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice, be perspicacious, don't be a spammer. Be well.

- The Management