TKC QUESTION: WILL KANSAS CITY ART LOVERS SPEND FIRST FRIDAY UNDER A BRIDGE IN THE EAST CROSSROADS???
Check the ongoing efforts to lure locals away from all the action on First Friday and into an urban planner pipe dream supported by taxpayer subsidy.
Furthermore, even artsy denizens are advising that this location is filthy and needs a street sweeper soon.
Here's the plan from Better Block KC:
Join us for a celebration... under a bridge? Why not? We've tackled all kinds of urban spaces! We'll be activating the two blocks dividing the Crossroads Arts District and 18th & Vine!
- **Protected** bike lane!
- More plants than you could ever dream of! Thanks Loma Vista Nursery!
- Artist booths and vendors!
- Ride KC Transit vehicle display!
- Something special from Thou Mayest Coffee Roasters!
- Selfie station!
- Bike repair station!
- Futsal court and live DJ!
- History exhibit of the area (lots of stuff was torn down, btw)!
- Lots of seating and hangout space!
First Friday, Oct. 7 - 5-10pm
Saturday, Oct. 8 - 11am-6pm
You decide . . .