TRANSIT JUXTAPOSITION: KANSAS CITY CELEBRATES 1 MILLION STREETCAR RYDER MILESTONE OVER BETTER BRT OPTIONS!!!
The streetcar is touting one million riders coming up in a somewhat fake milestone that ignores much more popular transit options.
To wit . . .
AMID TOY TRAIN STREETCAR CELEBRATION, LET'S NOT FORGET THAT TROOST MAX BUS RAPID TRANSIT TOTALLY ECLIPSES TOY TRAIN NUMBERS AT LESS THAN HALF THE COST!!!
Just a bit of practical comparison . . .
- With far less promo ... Troost Max carries 8,500 riders per day compared with the inflated streetcar claim of 6k mostly on weekends.
- Troost Max covers more territory 13 miles: Downtown to Bannister and Hillcrest
- Troost Max runs on $30 million compared to over $200 MILLION and counting to fund the streetcar
- Troost Max runs faster and more efficiently than Streetcar with "service every 10 minutes all day" while streetcar riders promise only 15 minute return time on a much smaller route with constant delays.
- Troost Max includes hybrid vehicles and not outdated energy inefficient streetcars
Furthermore . . .
THE BUS ISN'T TWISTING LOCAL DEMOCRACY LIKE THE STREETCAR . . . CHECK THIS DELAYED PLAN FOR THE STREETCAR EXPANSION THAT ACTIVELY LOOKS TO CUT KANSAS CITY VOTERS OUT OF THE PROCESS . . .
Clearly the voting public really isn't part of their scheme that doesn't even calculate public support . . .
You decide . . .