Activist Alonzo Washington Internets Ferguson, Missouri Protest Takes Media And Other Kansas City Leaders To Task
Kansas City's most prolific anti-crime activist Alonzo Washington is creating quite a stir on social media as of late.
His latest social protest features a provocative photo with the question:
"Why do I have to put my hands in the air for cops when I'm not a crook?"
Now, we value free speech . . . But let's be clear that it's Jordan Carver we want to see showing skin for justice . . .
But here's the more important point beyond mere provocation . . .
In his latest string of social media messages regarding Ferguson, Missouri unrest, Mr. Washington has been critical of both media and local activists . . . Here's the tweet that kind of explains his thesis . . .
Without question, it's an interesting perspective and something to check out @ his social media presence:
Similarly, here's some of the most IMPORTANT links on the crisis in Ferguson, Missouri:
- New York Times: Michael Brown and Black Men
- Reuters: Police fire tear gas, stun grenades at Missouri protesters
- LA Times: Protests again roil Ferguson, Mo., over Michael Brown shooting
- NPR: In Tense Ferguson, Mo., 2 Reporters Caught In Arrests
- NY Times: Anonymity in Missouri Police Shooting Fuels Frustration
- Wall Street Journal: Ferguson Has Long Been Challenged by Racial Tensions
- FOX4: Witnesses to Michael Brown’s shooting detail his last minutes
- The Guardian UK: Ferguson after Michael Brown's death: 'This is a war and we are soldiers on the frontline'
Developing . . .