MUST READ!!! KANSAS CITY NEWSMAN AND BLOGGER JIMMYCSAYS ARGUES AGAINST MISSOURI TRANSPORTATION TAX!!!
While Kansas City dead tree media is making it a point to push the TRAGIC KANSAS CITY TAX AND SPEND AGENDA OF CITY HALL this weekend, it's nice to see the local Internets offer a bit of alternative opinion and relevant facts.
To wit take a look at this EPIC local blogger op/ed. . .
JIMMYCSAYS: The proposed 3/4 cent state sales-tax increase for transportation is a bum deal for taxpayers
Here are some essential and important points made by the Kansas City newsman opposing the measure . . .
"Even with the “streetcar shuffle” this 3/4 cent sales-tax increase looks like a terrible deal for the average taxpayer.
Consider, first, that the main beneficiaries would be:
– The trucking industry, which is most responsible for tearing up the highways and roads
– The heavy construction industry, which excavates the dirt and rock, grades the land and builds the roads
– Engineering firms, which design and engineer the projects
– Material supply companies, like those that provide cement and asphalt
– The law firms that represent all the industries mentioned the above.
"Under the name of a committee called Missourian for Safe Transportation and New Jobs, those special interests are going to pour several million dollars into their effort to pull the wool over the eyes of Missouri voters and convince them that a general sales tax is the best and only way to get better (and more) roads and bridges in Missouri.
"It’s utter balderdash, I tell you."
Read the post in its entirety and realize that the Internets is probably the only place where Kansas City residents can find an alternative from mostly elitist media coverage of this horrible insider deal on the road to being rammed down the throats of Missouri voters.