TKC BREAKING AND EXCLUSIVE NEWS!!! KANSAS CITY TOY TRAIN STREETCAR PAYING COMMUNITY ACTIVISTS TO PITCH UPCOMING PHASE DEUX SALES TAX!!!
Consider this good or bad news . . . Local neighborhood activists are FINALLY offered an opportunity to get paid amid the Kansas City Toy Train streetcar frenzy.
To wit . . .
THANKS TO TKC TIPSTERS WE'VE GOT FIRST LOOK AT A NEIGHBORHOOD HIRING SPREE TO PUSH THE KANSAS CITY TOY TRAIN STREETCAR!!!
Astute description from an AWESOME TKC TIPSTER . . .
"This is merely Burns and Mac using City money for electioneering . . . City pays B and M. B and M pays Hall and Associates... and so it goes..."
Here's the notice and maybe a glimmer of hope . . . If they're finally paying local neighborhood people to push this monstrosity, then the money raiding party is already over . . . And these are just the scraps that weren't suitable for corporate power players and consultant bottom feeders.
Kansas City Toy Train Streetcar Outreach Job Notice
Dear Neighborhood Leader:
Scott Hall & Associates in partnership with Parson & Associates is conducting community outreach, regarding Phase II expansion of the Streetcar system, this is being done on behalf of Burns & McDonnell Engineering Firm. The goal of this outreach is to provide basic information about the streetcar and document feedback of residents living in close proximity to the proposed corridors of:
1. Linwood: Main to Prospect
2. Independence: Benton to Cherry
3. Main: Pershing to 52nd
It is not our goal to persuade but to provide baseline information, collect and document feedback. This will take place during the months of July and October using two primary methods:
· Door to Door Engagement of Residents
· Meetings with businesses, neighborhood associations, community, civic and religious groups
We need your assistance in referring residents from your neighborhood/organization (preferably who live in close proximity to one of the proposed corridors below). Individuals you refer will have the opportunity to become a Neighborhood Liaison Door to Door Street Team (NLD2D) members. They will provide the core door to door team with insight on the character and culture of the neighborhood. This person must have interest, be available and skilled in engaging and obtaining information from others. Below is a list of requirements needed that are associated with the Neighborhood Liaison Door to Door (NLD2D) contract position:
1. Participate in 12 hours of orientation and training over the course of two days in early July (exact days are still to be determined)
2. Available to work 25 to 35 hours a week; Mon - Saturday; (there may be an occasional Sunday)
o late June, all of July and October 2014
o between the hours of 3:00 PM to 8:30 PM Monday - Friday; 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM Saturdays; (If Sundays are needed:3:00 PM to 7:00 PM)
o Has reliable transportation to and from the area of 18th and Vine (the Lincoln Building will be the headquarters of the street team)
3. Willing to wear clothing associated with outreach (t-shirt; vest, etc.)
4. Can memorize and recite key information about the streetcar
5. Ability to enter information electronically on I-pad, lap top or other electronic device
6. Can read at a 12th grade level or higher, discuss, ask and answer questions about what has been read
7. Ability to comfortably walk (sometimes in warm, hot, humid, damp weather);
o carrying 2 to 4 pounds of paper and/or electronic material
o for 1.5 to 2 hours (before a break)
o from door to door in residential and business areas
8. Have a heart for listening to the concerns of others without being judgmental.
The NLD2D position is a contract position paying $10.00/hour with no benefits. Being referred does not guarantee hire and preference will be given to applicants who live on or near one of the proposed corridors.
Before June 19th please refer me or forward this to neighborhood residents with the interest and abilities listed above. I can be reached at #########. I would also appreciate you forwarding this e-mail to other neighborhood associations that would have an interest in being supportive of others seeking short term temporary contract work. I can be reached at ##############. Please click on reply all and let me know you received this correspondence. Thank you so much! You may receive a follow up call from me.
Scott Hall & Associates
Community Revitalization, Residential Real Estate & Training Consultants