TKC BREAKING AND EXCLUSIVE NEWS!!! COMING SOON: KANSAS CITY TOY TRAIN STREETCAR CODE OF CONDUCT!!!
This morning, before ANYBODY ELSE the KICK-ASS TKC TIPSTERS direct our attention to the upcoming KANSAS CITY TOY TRAIN RULES AND REGS FOR RIDERS that include more than a few interesting items...
To wit . . .
CHECK THE KANSAS CITY TOY TRAIN STREETCAR CODE OF CONDUCT SOON TO BE APPROVED BY CITY COUNCIL THIS WEEK!!!
Ordinance #140433 adds rules for riders to the muni-code for the toy train and streetcar stops.
Interesting times of note . . .
NO SMOKING OR E-CIGS ON THE KANSAS CITY TOY TRAIN!!!
Standard stuff to be sure but shows us that transit enthusiasts are exceptionally uptight . . .
Here are the main points:
It shall be unlawful for any person, while in or upon any motor bus or streetcar while the bus or streetcar is operated in common carrier passenger service upon the streets or public ways of the city, to:
(1) Engage in smoking, as defined in Section 34-472 of this Code, or to use any device which simulates smoking such as an electronic cigarette, cigar or pipe, personal vaporizer or electronic nicotine delivery system;
(2) Consume food or drink;
(3) Spit or expectorate upon the floor, steps or sides of the motor bus or streetcar;
(4) Discard litter;
(5) Play any radio, portable music device or player or other such instrument, except where the instrument is connected to an earphone that limits the sound to the individual user;
(6) Carry any flammable liquids, explosives, acids or other dangerous articles, live animals, birds or reptiles, except for guide, hearing or service dogs, as permitted under RSMo 209.150(4), and small animals properly confined; or
(7) Refuse or fail to pay the established fare.
Lots of verbiage for #7 even if we we were told the toy train was gonna be free . . . Don't expect that to last long . . .
Tragic reg for Downtown Entrepreneurs . . .
NO SELLING OR BEGGING ON THE KANSAS CITY TOY TRAIN STREETCAR!!!
Sec. 50-158. Soliciting passengers, freight or baggage.
And then . . . To keep traffic moving . . .
Sec. 50-161. Loitering - (a) It shall be unlawful for any person to loiter, loaf, wander, stand or remain idle either alone or in concert with others in a public place in such manner so as to . . .
Even worse . . .
CITY COUNCIL IS ALREADY PLANNING AND PREPPING FOR VIOLENCE ABOARD THE KANSAS CITY DOWNTOWN TOY TRAIN!!!
Check this extensive code of conduct for miscreants within the loop . . .
Sec. 50-164. Disorderly conduct.
Any person who, with intent to provoke a breach of the peace or whereby a breach of the peace may be occasioned, commits any of the following acts shall be deemed to have committed the offense of disorderly conduct:
(1) Uses offensive, disorderly, threatening, abusive or insulting language, conduct or behavior.
(2) Acts in such a manner as to annoy, disturb, interfere with, obstruct or be offensive to others or to any lawful assemblage.
(3) Shouts or makes a noise either outside or inside a building during the nighttime to the annoyance or disturbance of any considerable number of persons.
(4) Causes a disturbance in any railroad car, streetcar, omnibus or other public conveyance by running through it, climbing through windows or upon the seats, or otherwise annoying passengers or employees therein.
(5) Wanders, prowls or loiters upon the private property of another and peeks or peers in the door or window of any building or structure located thereon, without any visible or lawful business with the owners or occupants thereof.
Now, most of these rules already apply to the bus BUT we're told that the toy train streetcar is going to be JUST A TAD MORE STRICT on offenders given the big investment that has put this project above all other local priorities and now expects residents to be on their best behavior.
Developing . . .