CHECK KANSAS CITY HOMICIDE NUMBERS!!!
Kansas City Dead Tree Media attempts to make political points against guns and for diversity but, as always, the numbers are the only thing that really matter.
- NOT MUCH PROGRESS: Average homicide rate has been 109 annually from 2009 through 2013.
- 84 percent of homicides were committed with guns. The next highest: 5 percent by stabbing.
- 75 percent of the victims were black; 75 percent of known suspects also were black. (City’s black population was 30 percent in the 2010 census.)
- 82 percent of the victims were male.
- 40 percent of homicides with known causes were linked to an argument.
- 35 percent of victims were ages 17 to 24. Plus, 40 percent of known suspects were in the same age range. Both were the highest rates among five age divisions measured by the Police Department.
- 18 percent of the victims were white; 20 percent of known suspects were white. (City’s white population was 59 percent in 2010.)
- 7 percent of the victims were Hispanic; 5 percent of known suspects were Hispanic. (City’s Hispanic population was 10 percent in 2010.)
The rest is just politics aimed at taking away guns from law-abiding citizens.