TKC SATURDAY NIGHT PLAYLIST!!! SAVE THIS COWTOWN, SAVE THE PLANET: KANSAS CITY CELEBRATES EARTH HOUR TONIGHT!!!
Tonight it's appropriate to think about the big picture from our small little corner of the world.
After all these years, Kansas City still struggles to find its place in a world that's rapidly changing and confronting new and complex problems. Politics and the culture war divide our city on the best way to address environmental issues but there's no doubt that our town should have an important role to play in the problems of this planet. Both Conservative and liberal locals should agree that consideration of our environment for the sake of health, industry and conservation is of primary importance even if we disagree on methodology.
Also, talking about "sustainability" is a great way to get into a woman's pants for some strange reason.
But I digress and, since he was in town this weekend, realize that Academy Award Winner Al Pacino basically summed up all of TKC's feelings about environmentalism during a soliloquy he delivered in the classic movie, "The Devil's Advocate" . . . Take a look if you haven't seen it already:
Okay, that's kind of a downer and in fact . . .
WE WANT TO CELEBRATE EARTH HOUR TONIGHT IN KANSAS CITY WITH 5 IDEAS THAT COULD SAVE THE PLANET STARTING WITH THIS COWTOWN!!!
1. Don't question Cindy Circo on her KCP&L job - Our Mayor Pro Tem is all about "sustainability" given that her hotness has really held up for a 50-year-old broad.
2. Give Violent Teen Flash Mobs On The Country Club Plaza A Broom - If they're gonna be hanging around on the Plaza, they might as well help keep the place clean.
3. Cancel That Dead Tree Media Subscription - Save a tree and save and a lot of time reading the work of political and cocktail party hacks from JoCo.
4. Turn Out The Lights On The P&L District - This downtown experiment costs nearly $20 MIL a year nowadays with no sign of any payout coming.
5. Oppose Water Bond Borrowing, The Wasteful KCI Single-Terminal And Pricey Toy Train Streetcar Eco-Devo Schemes - It seems like Kansas City politicos could save a lot of energy, time and money if they listen to voters and neighborhoods instead of their corporate pals.
And so, considering all these much better options . . . Here's more info . . .
CHECK OUT HOW KANSAS CITY WILL CELEBRATE EARTH HOUR TONIGHT!!!
The City of Kansas City, MO, will join cities across the globe in shutting off non-essential lighting for an hour on Saturday, March 29, and encourages other government entities, businesses and residents to do the same. This symbolic gesture, known as Earth Hour, takes place from 8:30-9:30 p.m. to show how people can work together toward better environmental practices.
During Earth Hour, the City will turn off all non-essential lighting in City Hall and other facilities to demonstrate the City's commitment to reducing energy use and greenhouse gas emissions.
Earth Hour is an international grassroots movement that began in 2007 when more than two million people and 2,000 businesses in Sydney, Australia switched their lights off for one hour to take a stand on climate change. This gesture spread quickly, and last year it reached more than 7,000 cities, towns and municipalities in 152 countries and territories.
And all of this has inspired our playlist for tonight . . .
As always, thanks for reading this week and have a safe and fun Saturday Night . . .