TOP 5 QUESTIONS FOR THE UPCOMING MICHAEL TAYLOR EXECUTION AFTER THE MOST RACIALLY DIVISIVE MURDER CASE IN MODERN KANSAS CITY HISTORY!!!
Here's a preview of upcoming drama that might consume Kansas City . . .
Over the weekend we've already noted . . .
"The Missouri Supreme Court set a Feb. 26 execution date for a man who pleaded guilty in the 1989 abduction, rape and stabbing death of a 15-year-old Kansas City girl.
The high court's announcement Friday of Michael Taylor's lethal injection date comes almost 23 years after he was sentenced for first-degree murder. Taylor and Roderick Nunley were charged with kidnapping Ann Harrison as she waited for a school bus near her home. She was raped, stabbed and left bleeding to death in the trunk of a car."
Now . . . Rather than just stir reactionary haters, we have real questions . . .
CHECK THE TOP 5 KANSAS CITY QUESTIONS ON THE UPCOMING MICHAEL TAYLOR EXECUTION!!!
1. Will anybody care if the allegations of racism are rehashed?!?!? Strangely enough, I think there was even a mention of the N-word during the trial too.
2. Is there anybody more deserving of the death penalty in Kansas City?!?!
3. Most agree this is the defining incident that cause white flight in South Kansas City - Ruskin specifically ... Will the white people move back when this guy is dead?!?!
4. Will anybody dare to make the argument about cruel and unusual punishment given the nature of this dude's crimes?!?!
5. Given the nearly quarter century mark . . . How is this a deterrent to murder?!?!
There will be more in this in the coming days but let's not forget that our TKC blog community started the discussion of white flight in the Ruskin neighborhood and South Kansas City where the incident happened and the tense racial discourse that embroiled Kansas City when the incident occurred.
Developing . . .