JOKING THE KANSAS CITY DEAD TREE MEDIA MESSAGE OF THANKS!!!
Amid the leftover coupons, wire copy and wordy features . . . The Kansas City Star offered readers a note of thanks yesterday.
The VERY BEST AND BRIGHTEST members of our KICK-ASS TKC BLOG COMMUNITY simply responded: "Oh, please" to this bit of self-aggrandizement that's more typical of a blog but not as much fun.
Take a look at their public service promo listing dead tree media accomplishments:
- To hold the powerful accountable and give voice to the voiceless
- To help build our community through knowledge
- To provide honest, independent verified information
- To connect readers and advertisers
- To help save time and money and make our life easier.
Never mind that reddit really does pretty much the same thing but without so much arrogance, support of nearly every tax and sponsored content.
Still, we don't begrudge Dead Tree Media their pitch to prove their usefulness . . . It's just worth reminding people that pushing around scraps of paper with an army of trucks isn't really necessary to attempt to monopolize the public discourse in this digital day and age.