MORE KANSAS CITY CAR CRIME REVEALED!!! TKC TIPSTER: CATALYTIC CONVERTER THEFTS IN THE RIVER MARKET TOO!!!
This is one of the better things we do on this blog . . . Using this bloggy goodness public forum to help people avoid Kansas City crime when the news slips through the cracks of mainstream media. Unlike former Jersey Shore star JWwoww, we're actually good for something besides washing a car in a bikini . . . But I digress.
To wit . . .
TKC TIPSTERS TELL US ABOUT EVEN MORE CAR CRIME UNREPORTED IN THE RIVER MARKET!!!
Check the testimony:
"I can also confirm that there have been multiple thefts of catalytic converters in the River Market Area, as well. I personally know of at least 5 incidents that happened on Friday (10.11.13). Thanks for bringing the problem to the attention of your readers."
What can TKC Readers do about it . . . Maybe reminding Kansas City politicos that public safety is more important than toy trains.
But short of that, we're hoping this link from a car insurance company might be somewhat helpful:
Nationwide | Catalytic Converter Theft Prevention
To prevent catalytic converter theft, use common sense and follow these tips:
- Always park in well-lighted areas
- At shopping centers and other similar parking lots, park close to the entrance of the building or near the access road where there's a lot of traffic
- If you own or work at a business or factory, park within a fenced area that's busy during the day and secured at night
- Engrave your license plate number on the converter to make it traceable
- Purchase a vehicle security system and make sure it’s set to trigger with just the slightest motion
- Visit a local muffler shop and have the converter secured to the vehicle’s frame with a couple of pieces of hardened steel welded to the frame
- Check out the different types of catalytic converter theft deterrent systems at your local auto parts store or online
Developing . . .